•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Tomlin Industries

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 loo27

loo27

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 01 October 2005 - 09:09 AM

I bought a 6" f/6 scope way back in 1983 that was made by Tomlin Industries. It had a Parks focuser and I think finder, and an Edmunds pedastal EQ mount, with the plastic straps. Even though balance can be a problem, I find it to be a fine performer for low power work. I know the mirror was actually figured at Tomlin Industries.

Question: what happened to this company? Where there any crackjack opticians working there? Are they any others out there that have this scope, or had this scope?

#2 Don W

Don W

Founding Member

Posted 01 October 2005 - 09:31 AM

I must say that I never heard of them. Did you find them in a Sky & Telescope ad or what?

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 01 October 2005 - 12:25 PM

They and Parks were related. They were in the same location in Simi Valley. They used to run their ads on the same page as though they were two different companies, complete with different phone numbers, but the street address was the same. That was in the early 80's. Within a couple of years there was only Parks.

#4 loo27

loo27

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 01 October 2005 - 01:00 PM

I wonder if I can call my Tomlin Industries scope a Parks scope? I have no idea how I found the info, must have been from an old S&T.

#5 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 01 October 2005 - 01:06 PM

You should post a picture of that scope if you can. It would be interesting to see.

#6 loo27

loo27

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 03 October 2005 - 10:49 AM

I'll try to do it after I catch Surface tonight on NBC...fun show.

#7 trainsktg

trainsktg

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 03 October 2005 - 09:44 PM

I'll try to do it after I catch Surface tonight on NBC...fun show.

Must be a really good loooong show ;)

Keith

#8 loo27

loo27

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 04 October 2005 - 10:20 AM

Sorry, forgot to take a pic, but I just remembered I have a pic of that scope on the astromart. Do a user profile search of Cliff Loo. There are 2 of them, one acct has the picture, the white scope with the pedastal eq mount.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics