•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Greetings

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 06 February 2004 - 11:22 PM

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and figured I would use my first post to say hi and intorduce myself.

I have a 114gt that I got in October and have managed to have a few nights to use it (hard to get clear nights in Seattle area sometimes). This is my first telescope and am definately enjoying it. I am sure that I will be asking plenty of questions in the future and look forward to learning and observing. Guess that's about it for now. :D

Richard

#2 Syzygy

Syzygy

Surveyor 1

Posted 06 February 2004 - 11:59 PM

I'm a newbie here, myself. I'm picking up a lot here just reading through the threads. TONS of good info here! I'm waiting for my first clear sky to check out my new telescope.

Welcome!

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 February 2004 - 09:34 AM

Welcome

#4 TeamGS

TeamGS

Gemini

Posted 07 February 2004 - 02:18 PM

Welcome!

As You may already know, there are quite a few sites relating to the Nextars. Here are just a few:

www.nexstarsite.com

The yahoo Nexstar groups:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nexstar/

http://groups.yahoo....up/BabyNexstar/

Clear Skies!

Gary

#5 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 February 2004 - 02:25 PM

Thanks for the links Gary. I knew about the first two, but didn't know about the Baby Nexstar group.

#6 Tom L

Tom L

ISS

Posted 07 February 2004 - 11:00 PM

Wow! We are getting quite a gathering of baby nexstar users! Cool! Has anyone received their new controller from Celestron yet?

#7 Syzygy

Syzygy

Surveyor 1

Posted 08 February 2004 - 01:33 AM

Tom L,
My scope is brand spanking new - out of the box yesterday. I vaguely remember reading something about the hand controllers.....what's the beef with the "old" controllers?

#8 TeamGS

TeamGS

Gemini

Posted 08 February 2004 - 01:51 AM

The old controllers (Of which I have, and am still waiting for a replacement as of September...)have trouble selecting stars other than those who start with the letters from A-F. There is a workaround, but, even then, mine still fails the 2 star alignment more than not. Autoalign seems to work though.

Gary

#9 Syzygy

Syzygy

Surveyor 1

Posted 08 February 2004 - 02:14 AM

Gary,
I'll have to try mine out in the morning. Thanks!

#10 deezee

deezee

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 08 February 2004 - 12:08 PM

TeamGS and Syzygy:

I've had my 130 GT since Oct. 2003. I also have one of the controllers missing stars beyond "F" for the two-star alignment. Have not yet received the replacement from Celestron. As TeamGS said, the autoalign works fine as a substitution for the two-star align. I have had very little trouble with that method.

Dave

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics