•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Meade LX850 silence

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
227 replies to this topic

#226 Alph

Alph

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

I am misunderstanding those items, my system built from selected components and software can do all of this and much more.

Yes you are. Read again. Andrew explained it very well.

#227 OzAndrewJ

OzAndrewJ

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

Gday Wade

my system built from selected components and software can do all of this and much more.

Dont doubt it, but my comments were based on my reply to the statement that the new Celestron unit would do it "all".
Hence my clarification of

as a single standalone package, without third party software/intervention

If we are talking being able to build anything from third party bits, then the biggest difference i see is that the scope can now "theoretically" control guiding within closer tolerances as it doesnt require constant polling of the comms ports to see whats going on.

Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia

#228 WadeH237

WadeH237

Skylab

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:36 PM

Dont doubt it, but my comments were based on my reply to the statement that the new Celestron unit would do it "all".
Hence my clarification of

as a single standalone package, without third party software/intervention

Got it. I saw the statement that nothing you had seen could do it and missed the clarification.

Thanks!
-Wade

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics