•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

MN61 first light

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#26 darylf96

darylf96

Apollo

Posted 15 November 2005 - 04:55 AM

Hi, Guys!

I will be replacing my MN66 focuser as soon as I can. I was so impressed with the dual-speed MoonLite I got for my 80ED that I want one for the MN66. My stock focuser is not that bad. However, now I'm spoiled after using the MoonLite and I want an improved focuser for astro photo work. Does anyone know which Moonlite adapter plate I must buy. I know that there are 3 different adapters depending on the age model of the scope. I assume mine is the lates model. Also, any little tricks to adapting the focuser?

#27 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:29 AM

any little tricks to adapting the focuser?

Mine is the older model on which the stock plate is attached by four screws. I was surprised and pleased to find that the conversion took about 5 minutes; no issues at all.

#28 Bob A (SD)

Bob A (SD)

Ranger 4

Posted 17 November 2005 - 09:39 PM

Hi, Guys!

I will be replacing my MN66 focuser as soon as I can. I was so impressed with the dual-speed MoonLite I got for my 80ED that I want one for the MN66. My stock focuser is not that bad. However, now I'm spoiled after using the MoonLite and I want an improved focuser for astro photo work. Does anyone know which Moonlite adapter plate I must buy. I know that there are 3 different adapters depending on the age model of the scope. I assume mine is the lates model. Also, any little tricks to adapting the focuser?

Check out this thread which covers the 3 new MN adapter plates:
New adapters for mounting Moonlite focusers to Micro-Intes Mak-Newts

#29 bierbelly

bierbelly

Voyager 1

• topic starter

Posted 18 November 2005 - 08:07 AM

Well, there's one for sale (an MN61, not a focuser) on AM right now for CHEAP! MN61

Get'em while they're hot!

#30 darylf96

darylf96

Apollo

Posted 18 November 2005 - 03:50 PM

I want to thank Bob for the link to the thread re collimating a Mak-Newt. I have copied it and pasted into MS Word. This will be very helpful to have handy.

#31 Bob A (SD)

Bob A (SD)

Ranger 4

Posted 18 November 2005 - 07:45 PM

I want to thank Bob for the link to the thread re collimating a Mak-Newt. I have copied it and pasted into MS Word. This will be very helpful to have handy.

Glad to be of help. Pauls' article helped me 5 years ago when I first got my MN56. It is a valid now as it was then :)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics