•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Inexpensive BT serial adapter for Sky Safari

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#126 MisterBill

MisterBill

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Geezerville aka S.FL, MILE 271

Posted 24 November 2018 - 09:52 AM

Quote:

"Does anyone know if the battery connector for this battery actually fits the on board connector?  I'm having trouble finding a connector that will plug into the jack on the board."

Yes it does.  However, make sure the polarity is correct. I had to use a knife to lift the board connector and turn it 180 degrees so the red wire would face the center of the board. YMMV,

other than that it works.

Bill

#127 Revtec

Revtec

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 26 November 2018 - 09:11 PM

Quote:

"Does anyone know if the battery connector for this battery actually fits the on board connector?  I'm having trouble finding a connector that will plug into the jack on the board."

Yes it does.  However, make sure the polarity is correct. I had to use a knife to lift the board connector and turn it 180 degrees so the red wire would face the center of the board. YMMV,

other than that it works.

Bill

Bill,

Thanks for the reply.  Did you just force the plastic plug away from the pins and then reseat without unsoldering?

I actually finally found a connector that fit from my local hobby shop and I noticed that the polarity was backwards, which would not be a big problem since I will have to solder the plug's wires to a battery anyway.  Still if your knife trick works easy enough that sounds like a better option.

Dennis

#128 MisterBill

MisterBill

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Geezerville aka S.FL, MILE 271

Posted 27 November 2018 - 04:48 PM

The plastic just lifts from the board. In fact you can take it off, bend the pins to fit other battery connectors and leave it off. The pins are very stiff wire, no soldering required.

Good luck,

Bill

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics