•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Miscellany

• Please log in to reply
630 replies to this topic

#626 steve t

steve t

Messenger

• Loc: SW Ohio

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:08 PM

Hi Robert ,

Thanks for the link to Return to Starlight Nights.

Steve T 

Edited by steve t, 10 January 2019 - 09:09 PM.

• clamchip likes this

#627 DAVIDG

DAVIDG

Cosmos

• Loc: Hockessin, De

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:39 PM

I recently had two of my treasured antique astronomy books repaired at the Chester Bookworm in Chester VT. They did a wonderful job rebinding the books at  a very reasonable cost and with only a weeks turn around from the time I mailed them.  So if any of your books need repair I highly recommend them. https://sites.google...hesterbookworm/

- Dave 

• tim53, terraclarke and Bomber Bob like this

#628 KentTolley

KentTolley

Messenger

• Loc: Southern California

Posted 19 January 2019 - 05:35 PM

No right place for this so miscellaneous. 

While rewiring the '63 Cave Astrola Deluxe mount, I found this hand-stamped makers mark on the tab attaching the polar housing to the pier cap.  This is the deluxe mount in the Red Catalog.

Attached Thumbnails

• rsz_120190119_140838.jpg

Edited by KentTolley, 19 January 2019 - 05:37 PM.

• Bomber Bob and Kasmos like this

#629 KentTolley

KentTolley

Messenger

• Loc: Southern California

Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:02 PM

Closer

Attached Thumbnails

• rsz_20190119_141132.jpg

• TOM KIEHL likes this

#630 steve t

steve t

Messenger

• Loc: SW Ohio

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:42 AM

I recently had two of my treasured antique astronomy books repaired at the Chester Bookworm in Chester VT. They did a wonderful job rebinding the books at  a very reasonable cost and with only a weeks turn around from the time I mailed them.  So if any of your books need repair I highly recommend them. https://sites.google...hesterbookworm/

- Dave 

Dave

Thanks for the link. I've got a book that has sentimental value to me  but is in very sad shape. I'll  check these folks out.

Steve T 

#631 Bomber Bob

Bomber Bob

Voyager 1

• Loc: The Deep South, USA

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:33 PM

BB's DPAC Rig Model 3 is done.  The big gray box is gone.  It's a much simpler apparatus.  I took an old 2" to 1.25" eyepiece adapter, taped a Ronchi screen across it, mounted green & red LEDs in a cardboard crescent (with a glare shield), and positioned this to lightly touch the screen.  Switching colors takes maybe a minute.  I kept all the electrical hardware, including the digital "dimmer" switch.  I think this version will make better photos, but I won't try that until the weekend -- still recovering from a very bad head cold.

• steve t, TOM KIEHL and Kasmos like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics