•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Distance between mounting screw holes base/tripod?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mikerxer

mikerxer

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Grand Junction, CO

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

My NexStar 8 SE is being shipped!! Does anyone know the distance (in inches--center of the hole to center of the hole) between two (of the three) mounting bolts/holes on the mount's base and/or on the tripod? If not, would someone that owns this scope measure this distance and reply? I thank you, in advance, for doing this! Sincerely, Mike.

#2 mikerxer

mikerxer

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

I'm asking the above because my NexStar 8 SE is currently on back order. I want to build a wedge and I need to know the hole dimensions--Thanks for your help, Everyone!!

#3 barbarosa

barbarosa

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: 130miles W of Yosemite

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

The SE and CPC series have the same mounting hole size and spacing. From the Celestron KB--

"The CPC base has a flat plate of 10.171 inches in diameter. At 120 degrees from one another, there are three sets of two holes in the base. The inner holes in each pair are (on a circle) 5.125 inches diameter. The outer holes in each pair are (on a circle) 6.450 inches diameter. These 6 holes are 3/8 x 16 threaded."

There is a full size template in the files section of the Yahoo CPC group .... or it might be attached at the top of this post. :cool:

Attached Files

#4 mikerxer

mikerxer

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

Barbarosa >>> Thank-You So Very Much--Seriously!!

#5 mikerxer

mikerxer

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:19 PM

The SE and CPC series have the same mounting hole size and spacing. From the Celestron KB--

"The CPC base has a flat plate of 10.171 inches in diameter. At 120 degrees from one another, there are three sets of two holes in the base. The inner holes in each pair are (on a circle) 5.125 inches diameter. The outer holes in each pair are (on a circle) 6.450 inches diameter. These 6 holes are 3/8 x 16 threaded."

There is a full size template in the files section of the Yahoo CPC group at http://f1.grp.yahoof...K8frza8HJ9xe... or it might be attached at the top of this post.

The link appears to be "broken"(?). Thanks, in advance, for correcting it!!

#6 barbarosa

barbarosa

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: 130miles W of Yosemite

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:00 PM

Sorry about the link, it looks as if you have to get it by going through the yahoo cpc group. OR you can open the attachment to my first post. ;)
The thanks should go to whomever provided the file to the yahoo group.

#7 Dave Yates

Dave Yates

Sputnik

• Loc: North of Toronto

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:14 PM

Just saw this.. That would have been myself...:-)

You are more than welcome..

Cheers

Dave

tpiastro.com

#8 Geo.

Geo.

Vendor - Nexstar Parts

• Vendors
  • Loc: Upstate NY

Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:27 AM

Same as my '72 C8.

Std Tripod Bolt Cir.jpg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics