•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

A night with the Micro Four Thirds cameras

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#176 mac1969

mac1969

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Posted 13 October 2016 - 07:40 PM

Yes, it's amazing!  Do you have both the BLS and BLN adapters, Mac?

I do, for my e-m5 and e-pl5

#177 Ring_Singularity

Ring_Singularity

Messenger

• ****-

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:37 PM

Thanks for the link, he was very helpful.  I did not know you could also hook up the camera to an AC outlet. which is great for uninterrupted photography.  Only thing is, you have to keep the battery compartment open ;-)

#178 noisejammer

noisejammer

Fish Slapper

• Loc: The Uncanny Valley

Posted 13 November 2016 - 01:54 AM

This thread attracted a lot of images and comments that didn't belong in the EAA observations forum. I've moved these posts to a new thread with the same name located in Beginning and Intermediate Imaging.

As far as possible, I've left the contents that are relevant to EAA right here - things like power supplies for cameras, possible modifications, fittings and the like.

#179 mpgxsvcd

mpgxsvcd

Vanguard

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:37 PM

Sorry to revive an old thread. However, I have got back into Astro stuff recently. I sold off almost all of the Micro Four Thirds cameras I had to buy the Panasonic GH5. It records 4K @ 60 FPS video and also can record 6K @ 30 FPS 10 BIT video.

It has wireless and USB capabilities that let you completely control the camera remotely including transferring images.

Best of all you can now shoot and render to HDR(High Dynamic Range) with the GH5. That should be really cool with the moon and even some of the DSOs.

Here is the first moon video I shot with it. My Astro Tech 8” F4.0 Newt isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed so I have a new scope coming this week. Hopefully I will be able to get some really cool moon captures with it.

https://www.youtube....h?v=HPZuE07dG9o

I also shot the Solar Eclipse with it.

https://www.youtube...._id=lnCqRGH5AYI

• ccs_hello, tim53 and Ring_Singularity like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics