I am pleased to release iAstroHub 2.2 for a RK3288 device,..Ugoos UT3S. Due to changes in RK3188 bootloader/wifi, I had a long quest to find a better platform. Ugoos UT3S is choosen because
1) Faster...CPU runs at 1.8GHz max. vs. 1.2GHz in CX919. It is even faster than Intel Compute Stick.
2) UT3s has a built-in fan. The maximum temp is less than 50 C (Fan on). and less than 60C (Fan off). You can configure it from GUI.
3) Four USB ports. No need to get a usb hub
4) The image file is installed on the internal emmc storage which is faster than a micro SD card. No need to buy a micro SD card.
5) Wifi signal is very strong. Infrastructure and AP modes work well.
6) The ethernet port is available as well.
7) Ubuntu 14.10 used to develop iAstrohub is officially released by Ugoos. No compatibility issue on wifi/bootloader.
8) Ugoos has a good record on customer service and software support. Right now they still keep updating firmware for their old products.
Steps to install the firmware:
1. Download the flashing tool and firmware from
2. Choose config_linux.cfg on the tool before flashing
3. Replace linuxroot.img in the folder "UT3S_xubuntu_3.0_andr2.0.6\Image" with the iAstroHub image from here
(need to uncompress using 7z)
4. Flash the device.
DONE! Then use the same instruction as that for MK808 and CX919.
I develop iAstroHub on UT3S with 2GB RAM. It should work with the 4GB RAM model. However, 2GB is more than enough. You can get Ugoos UT3S from the official Ugoos store in Aliexpress.
I also attach the steps to build iAstroHub for UT3S in case you want to enjoy more. The steps to make new kernel modules and back up the image are also provided in the file.
Happy new year 2016
Edited by anat, 01 January 2016 - 06:53 PM.