•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

iAstroHub: Tablet astrophotography comes true!

• Please log in to reply
588 replies to this topic

#551 silentg

silentg

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:13 PM

I want to introduce the World's First feature called "Auto Hat-trick" on iAstroHub. It works with QSI cameras.

If a guiding error is larger than a threshold, the shutter will close. And the shutter will open, when the guiding error is smaller. While closing and opening the shutter, the CCD still exposes. So, the exposure time remains the same. Poor guiding will no longer ruin images.

Please see the video on how Auto Hat-trick works

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Best regards,

Anat

This is a very smart feature. I wonder whether there is a way to do this with DSLRs? Neither major manufacturer's SDKs seem to allow for it, so perhaps with an external device with a black object to block the scope....

#552 euklides69

euklides69

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Chicago, IL

Posted 27 February 2016 - 08:31 PM

Hi Anat,

I'm new to this project and would like confirm some concerns before jump in it.

1. I have canon Xsi (450D) will this work with iAstroHub? 

If yes, does it allow to change ISO and/or schedule series or exposures with diffrent ISO and exposure time?

2. It's hard to find CX919 with AP6210 WiFi. The one I found are too expensive.
Is there any way you can compile CX919 kernel working with other WiFI chips (Realtek) ?

I appreciate you help.

Edited by euklides69, 27 February 2016 - 10:48 PM.

#553 THX59

THX59

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: FRANCE

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:18 AM

I hope that Anat will be not offended if I answer in stead of him !

1) IAH offer two differents ways to control the DSLR. Either from Dslrdashboard or from IAH web page.

The Androïd or IOS app "DSLRdashboard" communicate through a server which is in IAH software.

This way is usefull to start the evening. I use it to focus (LiveView on the tab or smartphone) and adjust the parameter of the DSLR. But you must be always in the Wifi area to use DSLRdashboard.

After that, I use to use the IAH web page to start the series because its's stand alone. The sequencer is in IAH and it's not necessary to maintain the wifi connection during series.

However, it is not possible to configure differents ISO or duration during the series. You just can configure the "Number of frames" and "exposure Time". But it is so usefull to remote it that is not a real problem.

2) The problem is to replace Androïd by Ubuntu. Personnaly, I didn't succed on it. So I have bought a Ugoos UT3s (see #540 and 550). Another way consist to install it on a Raspberry 2. Take care about the supply wirring because  the consumption of the camera is high. Personnaly, I use  a 5V-3A supply and an AWG20 - 1m lenght wire.

• euklides69 likes this

#554 anat

anat

iAstroHub 3

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:34 AM

Now, I recommend Ugoos UT3s or UM3. You can use the instruction in my previous post. UM3 is also a good choice because of a smaller size if it is important for you. No heating problem even without the internal fan. 

Anat

Attached Thumbnails

• 1456677624815.jpg

Edited by anat, 28 February 2016 - 11:43 AM.

#555 euklides69

euklides69

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:29 PM

I'm sorry for off topic but I found in the Internet a device called QHYCDD Interguider. It seems to be some a clone of iAstroHub or at least some alternate implementation of this code.
Unfortunately source pages are not in english. Does anybody know what it really is ?

http://www.astronomy...282285-3-1.html

I appreciate your help

#556 anat

anat

iAstroHub 3

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:40 PM

I am one of the developers for the interguider. iAstroHub is inside the interguider. The device has the screen and buttons. So you can use the autoguider standalone. 

Best regards,

Anat

#557 euklides69

euklides69

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:08 AM

I hope that Anat will be not offended

2) The problem is to replace Androïd by Ubuntu. Personnaly, I didn't succed on it. So I have bought a Ugoos UT3s (see #540 and 550). Another way consist to install it on a Raspberry 2. Take care about the supply wirring because the consumption of the camera is high. Personnaly, I use a 5V-3A supply and an AWG20 - 1m lenght wire.

Thank you for clarfication. Can you advise which platform is more stable RPi2 or ugoos ? Rpi2 seems to be way cheaper than ugoos. Any other sugestions for chossing one platform or another? Im simply trying to make best purchase decision.

Thank you!!

Edited by euklides69, 29 February 2016 - 12:15 AM.

#558 anat

anat

iAstroHub 3

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 29 February 2016 - 03:10 AM

Raspberry Pi 3 is released today !

https://www.raspberr...y-pi-3-on-sale/

I will definitely add the support for it. I have just ordered a few boards to test.

It will be a better platform than RPi2 because a wifi dongle on RPi2 is not stable. 

If you want a tested platform now, use Ugoos UM3. If you can wait for a few weeks, RPi3 can be a good choice.

Anat

Edited by anat, 29 February 2016 - 08:32 AM.

#559 gapperns

gapperns

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Nova Scotia

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:17 AM

Raspberry Pi 3 is released today !

https://www.raspberr...y-pi-3-on-sale/

I will definitely add the support for it. I have just order a few boards to test.

It will be a better platform that RPi2 because a wifi dongle on RPi is not stable. 

If you want a tested platform now, use Ugoos UM3. If you can wait for a few weeks, RPi3 can be a good choice.

Anat

This is excellent news! By chance, will this release support a newer version of Linguider?

#560 anat

anat

iAstroHub 3

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:31 AM

ecloud kindly modified the code of the latest version of Linguider. I will test it and add it in the RPi3. What guider do you used?

Anat

#561 gapperns

gapperns

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:34 AM

ecloud kindly modified the code of the latest version of Linguider. I will test it and add it in the RPi3. What guider do you used?

Anat

Thanks,  I use a QHY 5L-II-M 

#562 anat

anat

iAstroHub 3

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:31 AM

Anat

ASI and Atik cameras are not stable on ARM devices. So, I didn;t try to add the support. Any particular reason you need the latest version while 2.10 also supports QHY5Lii ?  

#563 gapperns

gapperns

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:13 PM

Anat

ASI and Atik cameras are not stable on ARM devices. So, I didn;t try to add the support. Any particular reason you need the latest version while 2.10 also supports QHY5Lii ?  

Not for any certainty... from the latest change log...

2015-04-12 Lin_guider 3.1.0 ©Galaxy Master <galaxy_master@mail.ru>

* Make reticle and square dragging responsive (independent of the exposure time)
* Reticle can be moved if the square is over it, by Rumen G.Bogdanovski <rumen@skyarchive.org>
* Last used square is now saved in configuration, by Rumen G.Bogdanovski <rumen@skyarchive.org>
* Make ASI buffer cleaning optional for better performance, by Rumen G.Bogdanovski <rumen@skyarchive.org>
* Add new dithering commands GET_DISTANCE and DITHER_NO_WAIT_XY, by Rumen G.Bogdanovski <rumen@skyarchive.org>
* Accept commands over TCP or Unix Sockets(default), by Rumen G.Bogdanovski <rumen@skyarchive.org>
* Make Atik and SX drivers prefer the first camera with ST4 port, by Rumen G.Bogdanovski <rumen@skyarchive.org>
* Fixes in Atik, ASI and QHY5 drivers, by Rumen G.Bogdanovski <rumen@skyarchive.org>
* Created lg_tool.pl to be used as a dithering agent or as standalone application, by Rumen G.Bogdanovski <rumen@skyarchive.org>

2015-02-26 Lin_guider 3.0.0 ©Galaxy Master <galaxy_master@mail.ru>

* Added support for ZWO ASI cameras, by Rumen G.Bogdanovski <rumen@skyarchive.org>
* Added full support for Starlight Express cameras, by Rumen G.Bogdanovski <rumen@skyarchive.org>
* Added binning in Atik video module, by Rumen G.Bogdanovski <rumen@skyarchive.org>
* Updated Atik driver to atikccdsdk-0.24, by Rumen G.Bogdanovski <rumen@skyarchive.org>
* Fixed Atik module to work with all Atik cameras to date (except AtikGP), by Rumen G.Bogdanovski <rumen@skyarchive.org>
* Reorder lists of video and io devices and make names more descriptive, by Rumen G.Bogdanovski <rumen@skyarchive.org>
* All dialogs are resizable now
* Added sensor info
* Added Optical black pixel callibration for QHY6, by Rumen G.Bogdanovski <rumen@skyarchive.org>
* Remove Optical black regions from the QHY6 frame, by Rumen G.Bogdanovski <rumen@skyarchive.org>
* Add QHY6 2x2 binning, by Rumen G.Bogdanovski <rumen@skyarchive.org>

* Created new icon set and some text changes, by Rumen G.Bogdanovski <rumen@skyarchive.org>
* Added calculation of HFD (Half Flux Diameter)

2015-01-15 Lin_guider 2.11.2 ©Galaxy Master  <galaxy_master@mail.ru>

* Minor changes of ATIK video module
* Minor changes of QHY5-II video module (additional controls)
* Bugfixes

#564 SXBB

SXBB

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 04 March 2016 - 03:51 PM

I'd love to install iAstrohub on my IC8300.  I don't have the android devices that are mentioned for installing so I'm wondering if there is a different way that I can install to my SD card.  I do have Win32ImageWriter but I don't know how I can add the kernal and make it bootable.  I have Windows 10 & OSX computers at my disposal and can run Wheezy on VMware Fusion.

My gear is:

QHY IC8300

QHY Ultra Slim Filter Wheel

Nikon D5100 (Astro Mod)

DSI Pro II

Atlas Pro AZ/EQ GT

AT65EDQ

LX200 8" (De-Forked)

ST-80

Arduino Focuser

I'm also wondering about support for the DSI Pro II?  I see that it's not listed but there is an indi driver available.  Would the indi driver work with iAstrohub?

Thanks,

Bruce

Edited by SXBB, 04 March 2016 - 04:50 PM.

#565 anat

anat

iAstroHub 3

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:09 PM

Hi Bruce:

I send you the download link of "iAstroHub for IC8300". Uncompress (7z) and write the file to a micro sd card (8GB or more).
This project could not be possible without Mr. Giampiero's support and patience. It uses OpenSkyImager v0.9.0 as a background application to control IC8300. I have built more than 20 combinations of kernels and rootfs. And this is the most stable one!  The kernel is contained in  the SD card. So, it ignores the existing kernel on IC8300 :)  Unfortunately, the internal wifi chip is not stable for the AP mode. It works in the infrastructure mode (meaning that you need a router for IC8300 to connect to). I recommend you get ASUS WL-330N3G. I cooked a custom firmware that made it works as WiFly.

> Would the indi driver work with iAstrohub?

Now all devices talk "natively" to background programs. DSI is too old to be supported in Linux. Get the one that works instead.  But you can add INDI drivers to it.

You need to set the router as follows:
SSID: iAstroHub
Security: WPA2 AES
Passkey: 1234512345123
Then power on IC8300. It will connect to the router automatically.

Then you can connect to iAstroHub from the web browser of your tablet using the ip address assigned to IC8300.

To start using iAstroHub
1) Connect your autoguider to the USB port on IC8300. (Linguider is preconfigured for QHY6). You can change it later. 
2) Click Admin to open the setup page
3) Click Start Apps
4) Click Status until the bottom message shows 4 lines. It means OSI is completely booted.
5) Click List  to see the camera list in the bottom message
For example: None|QHY6|IC8300
6) Choose #2 for IC8300. and Click Connect
7) Go back to the main page to control the autoguider and IC8300.

Features:
As always...only need a web browser on a mobile device to control everything!
control IC8300 for imaging using OpenSkyImager v0.9.0 engine
control QHY5, QHY5-II, QHY5L-II, QHY6, or Orion Starshoot autoguider for autoguiding using customized Linguider engine
control a QHYCFW2 filter wheel
control a Robofocus focuser (via RS232-1 + baudrate converter from serialgadget.com)
autofocus by finding best focus point from V-curve
control Flip-Flat for flat-field and lens cover
show real-time guiding error graphs and alert logs
perform dithering between frames
preview images
manipulate histogram of preview images
assist polar alignment
perform plate-solving using the standalone Astrometry.net engine
re-align mount based on the position from plate solving (SkyFi or WiFly is required for mount control.)
show skychart and control mount from built-in Skychart aka Cartes du Ciel.
support the control of a mount from Skysafari on iOS and Android.
show a plate-solving result directly in Skysafari and re-align the mount from Skysafari
save all images on a USB flash drive

Best regards,

Anat

Edited by anat, 04 March 2016 - 05:31 PM.

#566 SXBB

SXBB

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:52 PM

Hi Anat,

That's Great!  Thanks for the quick reply.  I'll try it out as soon as possible.

I realize it's kind of old but the DSI Pro II is relatively sensitive and works well for me with PHD under windows.  Is it that using the Indi driver won't work as well as direct support?

Thanks,

Bruce

#567 anat

anat

iAstroHub 3

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:59 PM

Hi Bruce

PhD + INDI is much slower than Linguider. The speed difference is noticeable on ARM devices. Please see my first few post on PiAstroHub in this forum.

Anat

#568 anat

anat

iAstroHub 3

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:36 PM

Linguider supports DSI2pro 

https://sourceforge....ects/linguider/

But I am not sure how you can send the guiding signal. Via nexstar pulseguide ??

#569 SXBB

SXBB

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 14 March 2016 - 12:28 AM

That's great news.  I'm not sure about routing the guiding signal either.  My mount has a guide port and also can be controlled by eqdirect.  My experience is all with Windows based programs so this is all new to me.  I'll try to get it working as soon as I get my IC8300 back from QHY.  It's being replaced because the TEC was not working.

Thanks

#570 anat

anat

iAstroHub 3

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 14 March 2016 - 12:52 AM

That's great news.  I'm not sure about routing the guiding signal either.  My mount has a guide port and also can be controlled by eqdirect.  My experience is all with Windows based programs so this is all new to me.  I'll try to get it working as soon as I get my IC8300 back from QHY.  It's being replaced because the TEC was not working.

Thanks

I think you can use the nexstar protocol for guiding. SyncScan needs to be upgraded to V4. 

Anat

#571 SXBB

SXBB

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 14 March 2016 - 01:08 AM

I see what you mean.  That would require a GPUSB adapter.  Are you familiar with EQMOD for linux?  I use EQMOD under windows for mount control/guiding and I've read that there is a Linux version.  If that would work with iAstrohub, my EQdirect cable would work for guiding and I'd be able to avoid using the Synscan contoller.

Thanks,

Bruce

#572 anat

anat

iAstroHub 3

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:09 AM

Bruce

I mean LG v3 allows guiding via nexstar protocol. No need to use GPUSB. You need to install libnexstar as well. Send me a message if you need LG V3 for testing.  You connect the serial cable to the hand controller.  

Best regards,

Anat

Edited by anat, 14 March 2016 - 03:15 AM.

#573 SteveInNZ

SteveInNZ

Viking 1

• Loc: Auckland, New Zealand

Posted 23 March 2016 - 03:47 AM

I want to introduce the World's First feature called "Auto Hat-trick" on iAstroHub. It works with QSI cameras.

If a guiding error is larger than a threshold, the shutter will close. And the shutter will open, when the guiding error is smaller. While closing and opening the shutter, the CCD still exposes. So, the exposure time remains the same. Poor guiding will no longer ruin images.

Please see the video on how Auto Hat-trick works

Best regards,

Anat

This is a very smart feature. I wonder whether there is a way to do this with DSLRs? Neither major manufacturer's SDKs seem to allow for it, so perhaps with an external device with a black object to block the scope....

I did something like this for my DSLR a few years ago and you may want to implement it in iAstroHub.

While you can't stop and start a single exposure, you can have the guider stop the exposure if the star drifts an unacceptable amount and then start a new exposure and restart the guiding from the current position. This allows you to get the optimal (mount limited) exposure time from an unguided mount like the star trackers or low end eq mounts like a CG4.

Steve.

#574 Lobo59

Lobo59

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:05 AM

Just found this thread, very interesting.

Did iAstroHub get ported over to the Raspberry Pi3? I have a couple laying around and would love to try it out.

Larry

#575 anat

anat

iAstroHub 3

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:12 AM

Just found this thread, very interesting.

Did iAstroHub get ported over to the Raspberry Pi3? I have a couple laying around and would love to try it out.

Larry

Larry

Get the image file for RPi3 from the link below. The manual is made by THX59 in the last  page of the link.

http://www.cloudynig...goto/?p=7092934

I am preparing iAstroHub 3.0 which will work with almost all CCD cameras because it supports INDI. As always, all devices will be controlled from a web browser.

Anat

• tango13 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics