•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

A Nexstar11gps with a happy ending

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 February 2004 - 09:58 PM

I own a Celestron Nexstar11, which developed an azimuth motor problem. I sent it back to Celestron for a warranty repair on the motor, and UPS shattered the corrector plate in shipping. After several months of the scope being at Celestron for repair, I sent a letter to the President of the company stating that it was taking far too long for the repair, and that no one had attempted to contact me nor return my calls. The scope was returned to me a week later. Unfortunately, the secondary mirror holder was scratched up and the primary mirror had circular scratches and what looks like small shards of glass on it.
I purchased this scope originally Oceanside Photo and Telescope. When I contacted Craig Weatherwax from OPT, giving him the background of all the problems I’ve been having, he quickly made some calls to Celestron. He finally got to Rick Hedrick (VP), who promised him that a brand new scope would be sent to me. And sure enough, I was contacted by Perett from Celestron, who apologized and gave me the tracking number for the new scope. A week later, the new scope arrived, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that they also threw in the new XLT coating. This has restored my confidence in Celestron’s tradition of customer satisfaction. Thanks to Craig, who makes sure that his customer’s needs are met (this isn’t the first time), I will continue to patronage OPT and highly recommend them to anyone considering making a mail order purchase. They truly stand by the products they sell.

:jump:Rejoicing,
John

#2 ridurall

ridurall

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 22 February 2004 - 10:14 PM

That is great news that they took care of you so well, even if a bit on the slow side. I've got a friend here that recently sent his C8 back to Celestron for drive problems. It was purchased used and had no warranty yet they rebuilt & painted the fork assembly and returned it to him, NO CHARGE! I can tell you he is another happy Celestron customer. :yay:

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics