•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

A evening with a Q-4

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bob Pasken

Bob Pasken

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 November 2005 - 12:10 AM

I have not had a chance to observe with any scope lately, so when it cleared out and the temperatures dropped down to something more reasonable :grin: (a low of 25F is predicted) I had chance to do some mars observing. Since I had not had the Q-4 out in a long time I decided to take it out before supper and let it cool down. Now even though it has a ~30% CO the views were just stunning :jump: I had forgotten what a scope with really really good optics can do. The only real down side to the night was that 6mm Meade 4000 added color to the Moon and Mars. This seemed to be only a problem with the 6mm and not the 10mm :confused:

#2 trainsktg

trainsktg

Aurora

Posted 19 November 2005 - 12:38 AM

They were definitely good scopes and a piece of history worth preserving.

Keith

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 19 November 2005 - 12:01 PM

Hey Bob -

I envy you owning a classic like that. I just read Rod Mollises (sp) writeup on some historical Cats, and he had very good things to say about the Quantums.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics