•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Thinking about trying a SV115 TMB/LZOS again...

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#76 Scott in NC

Scott in NC

Refractor Fanatic

• Administrators
  • topic starter
  • Loc: NC

Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:53 PM

Yeah, I know.  Sometimes “keeper” just means “I’d keep it forever if I had unlimited funding and unlimited storage space.”  But then something else comes along that I’d like to try out, and the funds have to come from somewhere. In this case though, my FS-102, SV115, and TEC 140 are all scopes that I’d really like to keep for as long as possible.  

• RAKing, astrophile, Tyson M and 1 other like this

#77 Tyson M

Tyson M

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Canada

Posted 21 November 2020 - 09:00 PM

Ah yes, the infamous keeper scope.  I've had my share of them too lol.gif

Dont laugh, we have problems....CN is the group for refractorholics not-anonymous. 

• Scott in NC, RAKing, John O'Grady and 1 other like this

#78 PowerM3

PowerM3

Mariner 2

Posted 22 November 2020 - 12:54 AM

Congrats on your scope! Yes them Russian optics are something else! I have had several 80/480 LOMOS and the SV4. The best optics I have ever owned. Quite honestly I would say the SV4 was better then my former TEC 140(flamesuite on). That's one of the only scopes I really regret selling....

• Scott in NC likes this

#79 tom_fowler

tom_fowler

Sputnik

Posted 30 November 2020 - 08:12 PM

I also have the APM version, the APM/LZOS 115mm, f/7.  OTA by itself weighs just 13.5 lbs.  Markus is using a lighter-weight tube, but very strong.  Has great optics--I've just had a few opportunities to use it, but wonderful views of Mars.  Good for DSOs as well. Here's a drastically reduced M31.  Email me for full size version of this and other images, so you can see what a little scope can do.  My email is tfowler@gmu.edu. 

Attached Thumbnails

• m31 reduced.jpg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics