•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Wedge set up

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 February 2004 - 12:27 AM

Can somebody tell me on how to set up the wedge on Meade LX 90. is there on RA mode on the autostart?
any comments
Thanks Pete A.

#2 PMB

PMB

Viking 1

Posted 26 February 2004 - 10:08 PM

Hi Pete!
I dont know about the LX90 and the Autostar but I had an LX200 and when you setup a wedge you need to do the "Polar alignment mode" This will involve mounting the scope on the wedge with the wedge angle set to your altitude degree. Your manual must have this procedure ! The procedure should prompt you to set the scope's Dec and RA and then position Polaris using Altitude and azimuth adjustments. Once acheived you can then further refine the alignment with the drift method, usually covered in Meade manuals too. Hope this helps a little bit. Good luck
Pat

#3 PMB

PMB

Viking 1

Posted 26 February 2004 - 10:14 PM

Pete,
When pointing at Polaris your setup should look like this...........

Attached Thumbnails

• 61725-DejaReady4Polaris.jpg

#4 pete

pete

Vostok 1

Posted 28 February 2004 - 11:55 PM

Pat
thanks for the reply, I was down visiting when we decided to set up the wedge. The menu on the Auto Star needed to be changed to polar mount. Setup ... telescope... polar. wedge angle was 27deg. Back of the wedge facing south.
Thanks again
Pete

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics