•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Vintage? Unitron spotting scope on ebay

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 refractory

refractory

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 20 November 2005 - 09:23 PM

There is an 80mm Unitron spotting scope with four ep's in a turret on ebay right now (ends in a few minutes for those watching the forum). Misspelled Untiron so maybe why so few people seem to have found it. Beautiful.

Jess Tauber

#2 trainsktg

trainsktg

Aurora

Posted 20 November 2005 - 10:56 PM

I think they were made in the mid 80s.

Keith

#3 Steve_M_M

Steve_M_M

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 20 November 2005 - 11:42 PM

I think the misspelling hurt this auction. Myself and one other person were the only final bidders and I was just not that interested. I suspect it may be worth more than the final price.

#4 trainsktg

trainsktg

Aurora

Posted 21 November 2005 - 04:50 PM

There was one a few months back, but I forget exactly how much it went for...not too cheap or expensive, as I would have remembered anything out of the ordinary. What did this one go for?

Keith

#5 Steve_M_M

Steve_M_M

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:58 PM

This one was $92, cheap tripod, scope in excellent condition. The last one was in France and was $137 with original tripod,... scope and tripod in horrible condition. Scope lens was cracked.

#6 dougspeterson

dougspeterson

Apollo

Posted 22 November 2005 - 12:55 AM

I have one of these. I am impressed. The optics are good, the mount and oculars are similar or the same as the Model 114. Mount very solid and smooth, I think people have forgotten how good the Unitron mounts were. Nice wood box. Suprisingly light in weight. Razor sharp at 60x.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics