•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Takitis!

• Please log in to reply
4032 replies to this topic

#4026 payner

payner

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Bluegrass & Cumberland Valley Regions, Kentucky

Posted 21 May 2020 - 09:40 PM

Wow, that's a grand system you have, Hiromu. I am visual only observer, so that FCT-100, while designed particularly w/ AP in mind, would be an awesome double star hound from my perspective. 

Glad you've gotten some clear skies. Those have been precious few here for a couple of weeks now.

Best,

• RAKing and n2068dd like this

#4027 n2068dd

n2068dd

Viking 1

• Loc: Sapporo

Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:25 AM

Thank you Randy.

I roughly processed yesterdays data. The data was minimal, 3 subs on Ha,O3,S2, Only Ultra-quad monochrome file was 6 frames. -25degree C, 300sec each. 6 frames was lost by the cloud passing.

This image is applied Ha to R, O3 to Blue, S2 to Green. L is QB.

gallery_210261_6499_806072.jpg

To see the data, AF equipped star looks very fine. Tonal rendition also looks fine. Though at first nebula centering was O.K. for some reason I did not noticed the shifting to the west direction.  Anyway, it's only the test, I had to talk myself.

FCT-100 was designed as visual telescope upgrading FC-100, though Mr. Kiichirou Takahashi insist to design as fast and wide field 6*6 APO camera.( I still have that 6*6 film holder) At 1985, there's no such telescopes in the market. Indeed, Pentax ED 100 F4.0 may be the contender, but it was not the telescope.  FCT consist of traditional triplet and gorgeous triplet reducer, it inherently had the difficulty on sagital coma correction. You'll see it in this photo. May be that's why they moved to Petzval design.

Double doublet have the advantage of Petzval sum theory. In reality, FC-76+new reducer surpass FCT-76 + triplet reducer. To upgrading the FCT reducer, Mr. Yuyama say, 'strong meniscus will be needed', like 0.72c FS-60 reducer. Anyway, to see this image, it seems on boarder-line for the compromise in the corner.

I like visual image in the FCT-100. Bright crisp image of the Mars is always fine. and dark site nebula also looks pretty.

Regards

Hiromu

• payner, RAKing, eros312 and 3 others like this

#4028 SandyHouTex

SandyHouTex

Aurora

• Loc: Houston, Texas, USA

Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:02 AM

Tell you what- you could put that rig in *any* room and the feng shui would be cool.

Gesundheit!

• rerun likes this

#4029 jap201

jap201

Lift Off

• Loc: cloudy southern nh, usa

Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:03 AM

My TSA-120n on my cg-4 gem, worked ok, kinda, sorta.  But it was way too shaky when on higher powers.  Couldn't take it anymore, and found a nice used mount that I like.  The TSA sits beautifully on my new (to me) ap400.  I wanted a qmd model, but best I could find was the silver-dome knob model.  Somewhat older, but all in all i'm happy with it.  Love the push-to, and there is virtually no shakes with this mount.  Also, love the tracking.  never had it before.  This technology is a slippery slope.  Besides aperture fever, i can see how i could catch goTo and AP fever.  Especially seeing the pictures that have been put up.

Attached Thumbnails

• tsa-120n on ap400.jpg

• bobhen, plyscope, payner and 10 others like this

#4030 25585

Cosmos

• Loc: In a valley, in the UK.

Posted 22 May 2020 - 11:41 AM

My TSA-120n on my cg-4 gem, worked ok, kinda, sorta.  But it was way too shaky when on higher powers.  Couldn't take it anymore, and found a nice used mount that I like.  The TSA sits beautifully on my new (to me) ap400.  I wanted a qmd model, but best I could find was the silver-dome knob model.  Somewhat older, but all in all i'm happy with it.  Love the push-to, and there is virtually no shakes with this mount.  Also, love the tracking.  never had it before.  This technology is a slippery slope.  Besides aperture fever, i can see how i could catch goTo and AP fever.  Especially seeing the pictures that have been put up.

How did you fit your Telrad to its ring tops?

#4031 RAKing

RAKing

Cosmos

• Loc: West of the D.C. Nebula

Posted 22 May 2020 - 11:56 AM

Very nice setup! waytogo.gif 

I tried several times to get an A-P 400, but nobody wanted to part with theirs.  You are a very lucky or a very persuasive guy - or both!

Congrats,

Ron

#4032 jap201

jap201

Lift Off

Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:00 PM

How did you fit your Telrad to its ring tops?

It took a couple of things.  First was that Telrad Dovetail Adapter from Dr. Benway on here, and a small piece of plexiglass i had from an old boat project.  I screwed the base to the plexi, and drilled a couple of bolt holes in the plexi to attach to the rings.  I like it, looks kinda nice.  OTH, i can't mount a handle to the plexi, but my telrad stays on for now :)  Once I can get to a hw store, i'll swap the plexi for an alum plate, and attach a handle.  I want a handle, nervous taking it on/off the mount everynight.  I also want to get a tg65, but its a wood stand, and i've seen what weather does to wood... 

• 25585 likes this

#4033 jap201

jap201

Lift Off

Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:12 PM

Thanks Ron.  Not persuasive, just lucky.  Originally i wanted a tak mount.  Couldn't find what i was looking for, and stumbled on this one (thanks dr d).  i was surprised it wasn't snapped up.  Its not a qmd, but for my usage I don't think i'll notice.  came with encoders, might be factory.  also a couple of cases, a bag for the stand, and an old orion sky wizard.  

Now that I have it, i understand the demand for those ap's.  The quality is terrific.  its an older one, but i think it'll last another decade or so :)

• RAKing, Edrow10 and Tyson M like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics