•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Barska 12-36 70mm

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 February 2004 - 04:49 PM

I found these for $90. I don't plan to use them for stargazing in particular; mostly daytime viewing. Are they any good for the money or is there something in the same price range that might be better?

#2 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 February 2004 - 05:14 PM

http://opticsplanet....k-12-36x70.html

These have better coatings. I think they're worth considering.

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 February 2004 - 08:43 PM

zooms in this price range tend to never stay in collimation ,optics not to good,focus is a problem also with both eyepieces never staying in focus, tunnel vision,stay with a fixed power regards john cota

#4 rboe

rboe

ISS

Posted 25 February 2004 - 09:34 PM

If they're like the 15X70's, the oberwerks had better coatings and light control. I tried them side by side. The Barskas do make good inexpensive bino's, so I would not dis on them too badly. If they get busted or stolen you don't feel quite so bad. :)

#5 Erik D

Erik D

Skylab

Posted 25 February 2004 - 10:16 PM

If you like high power large objective binos and plan to use a tripod I'd recommend getting the 20X80 LW. Sharp optics and wide 70 deg FOV for under $200. $100 price difference is not much more than the cost of an average dinner for two and it's quickly forgotten. You'll appreciate good quality optics everytime you use them.

ERik D

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics