•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

My favorite mod

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 rboe

rboe

ISS

• topic starter

Posted 25 February 2004 - 04:52 PM

We just can't seem to leave well enough alone. What are your favorite modifications on your NS11?

I added losmandy rails - and I ain't done yet.

#2 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 25 February 2004 - 09:05 PM

the scope hasn't arrived yet, but i know what i would like to do. i want to park a orion ed80 on top of the NS11GPS. would that be considered a mod?

#3 Don W

Don W

Founding Member

Posted 25 February 2004 - 09:21 PM

Ditched the original Celestron finder and bracket and replaced it with an older convertible RA/Straight through 8X50 Celestron finder from the early 90's. Oh yeah, and it has a real, honest to goodness helical focuser. Second was to get a 2" AP visual back and a William Optics 2" diagonal.

#4 ridurall

ridurall

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 25 February 2004 - 09:31 PM

I've got my Tak. FS-78 on top of my NS11 and it works quite well. It's nice for contrasting views between the scopes and for planets when the seeing conditons don't support the 11 inch.

Attached Thumbnails

• 61109-NS11_FS-78.jpg

#5 Rusty

Rusty

ISS

• In Memoriam

Posted 25 February 2004 - 11:03 PM

Well, first, there's the finder rodeo - replaced the POS Celestron straight through with a Russell RA 10x60. With the Celestron QR bracket. Slide focus, didn't like. So off it went and on came an Orion 9x50 RA - which wuz fine, except then I snagged a UO RA 8x50 with an illuminated reticle.

I have a Losmandy Dovetail on top (except it ain't there no mo', on accounta the GT80 tube I was going to put there was replaced by an Apogee WS II 100mm, which ended up getting its own mount).

But it does have the Losmandy CW rail - great help for balancing with the Denk Std. Then, lessee, it has a WO 2" diag, a WO Crayford, an AP 2" adaptor.

And a Tuthill NoDu II dewshield/heater combo, a Telrad, a DewBuster. And a JMI case. And a Particle Wave dessicant plug. :foreheadslap:

#6 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 25 February 2004 - 11:18 PM

Hi Ron:

For all the things I've added, I think it's a tie between adding a binoviewer and adding the JMI Wheeley Bar. Without those two, I wouldn't use it nearly as often. ;)

Clear skies,
Jim

#7 rboe

rboe

ISS

• topic starter

Posted 26 February 2004 - 09:16 AM

Bob's Knobs! Which may be a sleeper mod, while being a true mod vs. an acc.. But hey, I'm fishing anyway. :whistle:

(I also replaced the finder with a RA from Orion - my first mod - does anybody actually like the straight through?)

#8 JEM

JEM

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 26 February 2004 - 03:01 PM

What a great finder i was gonna mount my old starguide 80 on my 11gps but i didnt think it would perform with it on ,this will make a great finder and will align better just car,nt get on with the standard finder or handset holder. Clear skys,

#9 Don W

Don W

Founding Member

Posted 26 February 2004 - 05:49 PM

I've had my N11GPS for 15 months and one of the first things I bough was Bob's Nobs. I do that for all my SCT's. Funny thing is, the factory collimation is so good, I can't bring myself to switch out the collimation screws. :foreheadslap:

#10 rboe

rboe

ISS

• topic starter

Posted 26 February 2004 - 07:06 PM

I've had my N11GPS for 15 months and one of the first things I bough was Bob's Nobs. I do that for all my SCT's. Funny thing is, the factory collimation is so good, I can't bring myself to switch out the collimation screws. :foreheadslap:

A problem I could live with. :)

Nobody has mentioned that tray for easy docking.

#11 Don W

Don W

Founding Member

Posted 26 February 2004 - 08:13 PM

You mean the Landing Pad? Yup, one of my first purchases. I like it a lot.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics