•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

MOGEY SCOPE INSPECTORS VISIT

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Wayne Parrish

Wayne Parrish

Messenger

• topic starter

Posted 26 November 2005 - 08:27 PM

Howdy and a Happy Thanksgiving to you all ! I thought you might enjoy a picture of a couple that dropped in today for some grub worms . Red shouldered Hawks are sort of rare around our area ,especially a pair hunting in your back yard .I'm glad I had the Mogey uncovered so they could stop for a bite. Wayne :jump:

Attached Thumbnails

• 704036-E9DD0008 (Small).JPG

#2 ngc6475

ngc6475

Fearless Spectator

Posted 26 November 2005 - 09:09 PM

Great shot, Wayne! I hope they don't leave anything behind that will harm the scope and mount!

#3 Wayne Parrish

Wayne Parrish

Messenger

• topic starter

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:58 AM

Nope, I of course keep it covered ,but i checked it right after their inspection approval and they left.

#4 stevie

stevie

Spiderman

Posted 28 November 2005 - 11:48 AM

that was nice of you to let them have a brake on the scope :)

#5 Wayne Parrish

Wayne Parrish

Messenger

• topic starter

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:05 PM

They have almost taken up residency here as they have been here the past week or so. They are after the grub worms and the moles/voles are after them too. I can't put anything out to kill the grubs for fear of killing the hawks.Catch twenty two situation !! Wayne

#6 lighttrap

lighttrap

Soyuz

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:25 AM

Wayne, that is a GREAT photo. I'm glad to see you've got that Mogey-Witherspoon up and running. And, I'm glad you're taking those hawks into consideration. We've got a family of red-shouldered hawks that has been living in the neighborhood for a couple of hawk generations. They've never desired to inspect my scopes, but I've never had anything as desirable as your fine, long brass antiquity. Your recent photos of that scope show just how much work you've put into it. It's looking good.

#7 Wayne Parrish

Wayne Parrish

Messenger

• topic starter

Posted 12 December 2005 - 12:00 PM

Thanks Mike, It's great to see your post and compliments. I have some issues with it that need to be worked out,but need to get you to come over and take a look at it when you get the chance.I'm working toward a drive for it that is a little more modern than the one that came with it. Of course it will be retro'd without any mods to the orig.mount. Talk at you later. Wayne

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics