•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

NS11 shipped!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 February 2004 - 02:39 PM

My NS11GPS shipped today, should see it in a few days. I'm getting nervous now. I mean, will she like me? :)

#2 LivingNDixie

LivingNDixie

TSP Chowhound

• Moderators

Posted 26 February 2004 - 03:18 PM

How do you know its a she????

Congrads on the scope, but expect rain for at least a week, maybe even some snow mixed in for good measure.

Let us know when you get it....

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 February 2004 - 07:28 PM

i guess i don't know for sure if its a he or a she. i guess i'll have to have a few beers with it to get to know it better.

#4 dc2861

dc2861

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 27 February 2004 - 01:04 AM

I'd wine and dine it first. Save the beer till your a little more comfortable. :grin:

#5 Mike28

Mike28

Gemini

Posted 27 February 2004 - 11:41 AM

i guess i don't know for sure if its a he or a she. i guess i'll have to have a few beers with it to get to know it better.

Very easy to determine. If your scope throws a tandrum, goes haywire for no reason, refuses to answer to commands, takes it's time powering up, then yes its a she....ahem....oh boy now the ladies are gonna tear into me on this one ...uh gotta go, must feed goldfish....go away for a couple of weeks......

#6 LivingNDixie

LivingNDixie

TSP Chowhound

• Moderators

Posted 27 February 2004 - 12:03 PM

Very easy to determine. If your scope throws a tandrum, goes haywire for no reason, refuses to answer to commands, takes it's time powering up, then yes its a she....ahem....oh boy now the ladies are gonna tear into me on this one ...uh gotta go, must feed goldfish....go away for a couple of weeks......

Don't worry the women don't read this forum.... Besides the women on this website are more likly to get ya in your sleep then attack ya in the open..... :roflmao:

#7 Stacy

Stacy

Star Partyer

Posted 27 February 2004 - 12:54 PM

Hi Jeff!

My NS11 arrived on a Friday last summer. I had a 4 day weekend of beautiful clear sky to try it out with. :grin:

Who did you get yours from?

#8 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 27 February 2004 - 03:12 PM

hello stacy,

i got the scope from telescopes.com(no tax). it should arrive here
next wednesday. i'm sure the forecast calls for rain for at least a couple of weeks after.

#9 Mike28

Mike28

Gemini

Posted 27 February 2004 - 05:02 PM

[
Don't worry the women don't read this forum.... Besides the women on this website are more likly to get ya in your sleep then attack ya in the open..... :roflmao: [/quote]

DOH! Now your in trouble. My comment deserved a little tap on the head if any. You on the other hand will most likely get a slap so loud it will be heard in China. Women dont read this forum? Ok Echo, Carolyn,etc. He's all yours! :lol:

#10 Jeff_Richards

Jeff_Richards

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 27 February 2004 - 06:02 PM

Okay guys...enough of the fairer **** comments. Don't make me call the CN police...move along, nothing to see here :)

Clear skies,
Jeff
(Your friendly group moderator)

#11 Stacy

Stacy

Star Partyer

Posted 28 February 2004 - 05:02 PM

Did you get it yet? Kinda cloudy around here.

#12 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 28 February 2004 - 07:23 PM

Did you get it yet? Kinda cloudy around here.

no, its not here yet. they say it should be here by wednesday. so, where are the dark sky sights around here?

#13 Stacy

Stacy

Star Partyer

Posted 29 February 2004 - 03:41 PM

That is a good question. The TAS might have some good ideas. http://www.tas-online.org/

It's been my conclusion that the clubs around here don't have too many "events".

I am going to try to hunt up some good observing sites this spring/summer.

We may try to get some Cloudy Nights star parties organized given all the members around here.

#14 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 February 2004 - 06:50 PM

TAS had one in february, but they don't have anything scheduled for a long time. in fact, nothing at all that i could find. i've only been in this area for a couple of months, so have no idea where to go. some camping trips out to like st. helens or something would probably be nice. thats a pretty good drive though. a CN star party would be nice.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics