•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Stellarvue SV60 Apo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jhighfield

jhighfield

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:48 PM

Well the cuteness bug bit me.   I just ordered one of these baby triplets.  

Vic said I have to twiddle my thumbs for about 45 days though.

I'll post First Light info and pics as soon as I get this little midget in my hands.

#2 MortonH

MortonH

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Sydney, Australia

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:01 AM

Congrats. I was waiting to hear the first review before buying but then a red pre-owned SV66ED came up on the SV website and I bought that instead :D .

I think the SV60 is a doublet rather than a triplet but it should still have excellent color correction.

#3 David E

David E

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: North Carolina

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:09 AM

Well the cuteness bug bit me.   I just ordered one of these baby triplets.  

Vic said I have to twiddle my thumbs for about 45 days though.

I'll post First Light info and pics as soon as I get this little midget in my hands.

Looking forward to your FL report. I have the little brother, the SV50ED (discontinued). Cute as a button and an awful lot of fun.Believe it or not, I like mine most for viewing double and multiple stars.

#4 kmparsons

kmparsons

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Texas

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

It is amazing how much fun you can have with a little 60mm refractor when you are on the go. Just put it in your carry-on luggage, pop it on a sturdy photo tripod when ready to view, and enjoy! I have long been tempted to buy the TV or the TAK 60mm scopes, but was deterred by the $800 plus price tags. The $600 for the SV still seems a tad steep, but it is more in the price ballpark for me. All of the big, bright usual objects show up well in a high-quality 60mm refractor. The moon is great, the Perseus Double Cluster, the Orion nebula, M 7, etc. The really great thing about ultra-portability is that you can easily take it to a dark-sky site. Using a 60mm scope under pristine skies can be more satisfying than using a much larger scope from the sort of light polluted wastelands most of us have to endure. 

#5 Binojunky

Binojunky

Skylab

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:49 AM

Orion do a 62mm scope, Petzvel design, with a high quality diagonal, eyepieces and case for $400, DA.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics