•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

m606 astrograph ?s

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 bookie60

bookie60

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 01 December 2005 - 07:20 PM

hi i am relatively new to astronomy. i currently own a c130 mak gt. i was looking at the intes micro m606 on ite. i know it is intended for astrophotography. i would like to get into astrophotography. i allready have a canon eos 20d wich seems to be a worthy camera for the task. what i would like to know is if this telescope would also be acceptable for straight visual use as well, and would it be a noticeable upgrade over my c130 in that respect?

#2 wilash

wilash

Fairy Godmother

Posted 01 December 2005 - 07:28 PM

No, it would not work well visually. The central obstruction is very large and I believe there are some issues of bring EPs to focus. I would contact Mike at ITE if you want the low-down on this scope.

I would recommend the M603 over this scope if you want a dual visual/photo Mak.

#3 bookie60

bookie60

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 01 December 2005 - 07:38 PM

thank you very much. i will contact mike. thanks again.

#4 darylf96

darylf96

Apollo

Posted 07 December 2005 - 03:25 PM

There is a special pricing on for this scope, probably due to lack of demand. It is a specialized scope and designed stricly for astropho use. ITE sells other scopes that I recommend highly. Do talk to Mike Palermiti. He is a good guy.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics