•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Quick question..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 I hate spam

I hate spam

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 06 December 2005 - 10:47 AM

I know that Cats don’t need an optical corrector for binoviewers, but does that still apply if you have a .63 reducer? Does the standard cat have the focus travel?

#2 Tim2723

Tim2723

The Moon Guy

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:25 PM

Hi Kevin,

I don't know the answer, but maybe you should ask around in the binoviewers forum.

BTW, did you write a review of the Burgess 70mm Mak? I seem to remember talking about those a while ago and wondered how they were. Was it you who posted on those? Thanks.

#3 I hate spam

I hate spam

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:41 PM

No it was not I. I wasn't particularly impressed with it and have rarely used it, but it is much smaller than my C80Ed and thus more convenient for the rare birding or any other daytime use. I feel that the magnification is too high for its meager 70mm aperture.
Oh, I believe it would have been MUCH better if it had a stadard visual back instead of the built-in 45* prisim.

#4 GregC

GregC

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 07 December 2005 - 07:46 PM

I know that Cats don’t need an optical corrector for binoviewers, but does that still apply if you have a .63 reducer? Does the standard cat have the focus travel?

Check out the Denkmeier site (http://deepskybinoviewer.com) . They make premium binoviewers and "powerswitches " which are 2" diagonals with built in barlow and focal reduction modes They should know as well as anyone.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics