•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

TSP 2006

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1528 replies to this topic

#1526 FJA

FJA

Sketcher Extraordinaire

• topic starter

Posted 26 December 2006 - 02:23 PM

Tell ya what, Faith, even though you don't think you'll make it in 2007, why don't YOU start a new 2007 thread? :) You should have the honor, methinks. After all, the TSP 2006 thread started a whole new trend of the "Star Party Thread That Wouldn't Die", oft imitated and even exceeded in post count, but never truly equaled... :grin:

Ok, then. Here it is: http://www.cloudynig...5/o/all/fpart/1 :grin:

#1527 lphilpot

lphilpot

Apollo

Posted 26 December 2006 - 10:03 PM

Merry Christmas to you, too, Len, and to all the TSP 2006 thread participants and readers! :D Safe travels for those who are undertaking journeys.

Thanks - I've just returned home (from Texas, no less... Sugar Land). I was able to check email a couple of times but at 800x600 on a 15" monitor, the web gets old very quick. :-)

#1528 snorkler

snorkler

Aperture Aficionado

Posted 27 December 2006 - 01:52 AM

This was a great thread, Faith. I'll refer people to the series of photos and narratives that began on page 13 of this thread. That's when people were actually traveling to TSP, setting up their scopes, and meeting each other. I still marvel at our ability to stuff a 30" Starmaster, an 18" Obsession, an 18" Nightsky, three ladders, three observers, three computers, half a dozen chairs, and much more into one van.

#1529 Unknownastron

Unknownastron

Viking 1

Posted 06 January 2007 - 04:36 AM

The idea of the neverending thread fits will with a mindset I developed after my first 7 jor 8 consecutive TSP's. Each year when I would arrive the 50 weeks away would seem to compress as actually the insignifigant time and that I had only left Ft. Davis for a couple of weeks to take care of some business "down on the flats". I had categorized the world into Fort Davis Mountains and 'the flats', everything NOT in the
Davis Mts.The star party seemed never really to break up, and it was where I lived. I just occasionally had to make trips of a few weeks for business and such back on the Flats. So you see, in my mindset, which developed quite subconsciously, how can the TSP thread end, as TSP never really ends?
Clear skies and clean glass,
Mike, aka The Unknown Astronomer

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics