•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Meade sn8 ???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 callisto

callisto

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 09 December 2005 - 05:22 PM

I'm starting to narrow down the field of scope choices for my next one sonetime this spring. I was just wondering if I will need a paracor at f4. Meade website says that coma is very well corrected in this scope, But I rather get opinions here. I plan on using mostly pans and naglers on this scope. Also can anyone point me in the direction of a review on this scope. Thanks Chris :question:

#2 snorkler

snorkler

Aperture Aficionado

Posted 09 December 2005 - 05:28 PM

Chris,

No, you don't need a Paracorr for the SN-8, IMHO. I own one for my 18" and have tried it in my SN-10. It doesn't improve my views from what I could see - actually makes them worse.

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 09 December 2005 - 08:19 PM

A Powermate is the better choice for visual work. Allows you to use more comfortable EP.s. A 15mm and 24mm Pan, with and without Powermate, will give you your most useful magnifications. I use Axioms, but image quality should be almost identical. You can push power beyond the 135X that the 15mm Pan provides with a 2.5X Powermate, but for deep sky you will rarely be going higher. The 15mm Pan/Axiom with 2.5X Powermate is my favorite globular hunting setup. The 24mm is great for open clusters. You'll be able to get the Double Cluster in the FOV with a 2X or 2.5X Powermate.

#4 snorkler

snorkler

Aperture Aficionado

Posted 09 December 2005 - 08:40 PM

Duckview, ???

We're talking coma correction with a Paracorr, not finding suitable eyepiece magnifications.

#5 callisto

callisto

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 09 December 2005 - 09:23 PM

Thanks Darrell that prety much answers my question. Phil I will also keep in mind your sugestion. Thanks Chris

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics