•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Greeting All - New to this group

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 BarrySimon615

BarrySimon615

Pa Bear

• topic starter

Posted 01 March 2004 - 12:54 PM

At the urging of some I have just joined the Cloudy Nights Forums. I am not a stranger to "Cloudy Nights" having contributed both a review on Pentax 16x60 binoculars and a discussion on "Wide Field Star Counts".

I am the founder and manager of the Deep South Regional Stargaze held every fall in southwest Mississippi. I am also the owner and/or moderator of several Yahoo Groups including "BinocularAstronomy", "UnitronTelescopes", "Brandon_APO_Telescopes", "DeepSouthAstroImagers", and "AstrophotographyCameraLenses". I hope to be able to find the time to contribute here.

Barry Simon

#2 EdZ

EdZ

Professor EdZ

Posted 01 March 2004 - 01:09 PM

It just keeps getting better and better.

Hi Barry,

Glad you're now here too.

Looking forward to some healthy and informative exchanges, similar to some of the great content I see over on "BinocularAstronomy".

edz

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 01 March 2004 - 01:17 PM

Welcome Barry! The more knowledge we can pass around here, the more beneficial it will be to all.

#4 KennyJ

KennyJ

The British Flash

Posted 01 March 2004 - 01:25 PM

A very warm welcome from me too Barry !

I hope you can find time to share some of your invaluable knowledge.

P.S -- check out the invitation to post some binocular reviews :-)

This really is becoming A PLACE to be !

Regards and thanks for joining us --Kenny.

#5 Erik D

Erik D

Skylab

Posted 01 March 2004 - 02:16 PM

Hello Barry,

It's about time you joined us here... Reading yours and Lighttrap's post on Bino-net got me started on the yahoo bino forums three years ago. I think the CN fourm format combines the best features of the Yahoo groups(archives) and Astromart(edit after posting) and more. I signed up here last year but did not start posting till Jan. I am still discovering new features each day.

Now that Kenny J has inspired us to start a permanent mini-review section we are about to make this fourm an even better place for the binocular obsessed.

Looking forward to your contributions on a regular basis.

Kind Regards,

Erik D

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics