•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Dear Alnitak, I hate you

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#51 WesC

WesC

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 03 July 2015 - 11:27 AM

David you rock.... that was just so cool. Thanks for being so generous in sharing your knowledge! :waytogo:

#52 David Ault

David Ault

Gemini

• -----

Posted 03 July 2015 - 11:50 AM

Not a problem guys.  I'm glad this is useful for others!

This is one of those things where experience in different fields really helps.  I'm an electrical engineer and have a strong background in mathematics.  I also used to design graphics cards for IBM back when they still made their own, so I'm very familiar with how rasterization works.  The combination of knowledge in those areas made the leap to using pixel math to rasterize circles to model the halo much easier.

Regards,
David

#53 WesC

WesC

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 03 July 2015 - 12:37 PM

Actually its also very similar to some techniques I use as a visual effects artist... but my newbie unfamiliarity with Pixinsight causes me no end of excitement to see stuff like this that I didn't know about!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics