After the tung oil was dry, I found that a bottom seam was loose, so I glued that back up. Tightening it revealed an area of lifting veneer, so it got glued too. Then I put on the new hinges and latches. One of those small-pleasure moments -- discovering that the modern hinges matched the original hole pattern, so they just had to be screwed on. Then got the scope documented and packed.
Was putting the other ATCO in its box and remembered that I still had to make one of the L-shaped pressure plates for the bottom of one of the legs, so I did that and finished documenting and packing it.
Also got the Monolux 4380 documented and packed. Much different from the ATCOs, even though they look like the same scope when set up.
With the ATCO's, the legs and OTA come off the mount, which lays sideways underneath them, with the counterweight shaft going through a hole in one partition. As a side note, these are the only mounts I've seen where the leg bolts just slide into slots the mount base, rather than being threaded through holes. Getting the toe-saver back onto the end of the shaft, once it is in place, is pretty frustrating for someone with fat fingers.
The Monolux, like the Selsi, stays fully assembled except for the spreader. But it has to do that complicated inversion of the tripod legs, up over the mount, with the saddle as far down toward the tail end as possible. The focus knobs go up, and the finder goes down. This is the first of these I've encountered with that hexagonal insert that goes between the legs to keep them from flopping around. What a difference that makes! Now I have to fabricate one for the Selsi.
Six scopes ready to go out. Need four more done, for the eager beavers to take home for the summer. Then I have a little time to deal with the more challenging ones before they go out in September.