•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

What did you do to your Scope/Mount Today?

• Please log in to reply
9205 replies to this topic

#9201 deSitter

deSitter

Still in Old School

Posted 16 July 2024 - 09:50 AM

I installed a focuser motor, Meade #1244, which was NOS, on my ETX90. The scope is now as tricked out as possible. There is something just plain fun about this scope. That could have been the last new Meade thing I ever buy.

-drl

#9202 deSitter

deSitter

Still in Old School

Posted 16 July 2024 - 01:11 PM

I finished the final tweaks to my new short tripod. The rediuction of final height is about 11" - a HUGE improvement. Can't wait to get the 10" up on it! Will get lots of pics and describe the whole process. The final tripod is a sort of Tak-like 2-tone of eggshell and dark grey. It goes very well with the LXD650 mount head.

-drl

#9203 CHASLX200

CHASLX200

ISS

• Loc: Tampa area Florida

Posted 16 July 2024 - 06:13 PM

Getting the CI700 ready for new owner and getting my AP800 back on Cave legs. Now i can live again and stop buying mounts i don't care for.

#9204 Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Indiana

Posted 16 July 2024 - 08:39 PM

Picked up an old orange tube C8 recently that is in great shape. The scope was stored in its trunk for years but the tripod must have been in the garage was really grungy. I got it all cleaned up, replaced a missing roll pin, and adjusted. I also figured out that the scope is pretty much useless without a wedge which is missing. On the hunt for a wedge now so I can get this baby out for a test run. 

• mdowns, Bomber Bob and Michael Covington like this

#9205 Michael Covington

Michael Covington

Author

• Loc: Athens, Georgia, USA

Posted Yesterday, 10:04 AM

Consider a homemade wooden wedge for your latitude.  Such a thing served me well for years.
https://www.covingto...edge/index.html

• deSitter, Mr Magoo and mdowns like this

#9206 deSitter

deSitter

Still in Old School

Posted Yesterday, 10:25 AM

Consider a homemade wooden wedge for your latitude.  Such a thing served me well for years.
https://www.covingto...edge/index.html

deSitter blue! I approve! :)

-drl

• Michael Covington likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics