•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New apm 100 mm 90 degree ed apo binocular

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
179 replies to this topic

#176 JMW

JMW

Skylab

• -----

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:33 PM

I have been using my Lunt 45 degree 100mm APO ED binoculars on a v1+.FTX with Avalon T-Pod 130 tripod. It got a lot of use over 4 nights at the Golden State star party. I was also using a TEC 140 and Webster D14. When I wasn't directly using the Lunts at higher powers I would put in a pair of Panoptic 24mm with Lumicon UHC filters. It never failed to impress anyone walking by and panning up the Milky Way and seeing all the bright nebulosity. 

LuntFTX.jpg

Edited by JMW, 06 July 2016 - 10:42 PM.

#177 hlritter

hlritter

Sputnik

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:15 PM

I have been using my Lunt 45 degree 100mm APO ED binoculars on a v1+.FTX with Avalon T-Pod 130 tripod. It got a lot of use over 4 nights at the Golden State star party. I was also using a TEC 140 and Webster D14. When I wasn't directly using the Lunts at higher powers I would put in a pair of Panoptic 24mm with Lumicon UHS filters. It never failed to impress anyone walking by and panning up the Milky Way.

attachicon.gifLuntFTX.jpg

My 24 mm Panoptics arrive Friday, just in time for the public viewing that night. 

Your mount looks very interesting. Can you share the details? I googled the nomenclature but couldn't find anything. 

#178 hlritter

hlritter

Sputnik

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:21 PM

I have been using my Lunt 45 degree 100mm APO ED binoculars on a v1+.FTX with Avalon T-Pod 130 tripod. It got a lot of use over 4 nights at the Golden State star party. I was also using a TEC 140 and Webster D14. When I wasn't directly using the Lunts at higher powers I would put in a pair of Panoptic 24mm with Lumicon UHS filters. It never failed to impress anyone walking by and panning up the Milky Way.

attachicon.gifLuntFTX.jpg

My 24 mm Panoptics arrive Friday, just in time for the public viewing that night. 

Your mount looks very interesting. Can you share the details? I googled the nomenclature but couldn't find anything. 

Never mind, Jeff. I just googled it again, this time with the word 'mount' in the search field! 

Howard

#179 JMW

JMW

Skylab

• -----

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:42 PM

I made the binocular bracket using aluminum angled and flat stock. It is extremely rigid. I leave the bracket and Nova style dovetail attached when I put my binoculars in my Stellarvue C18 case for transport. 

#180 hlritter

hlritter

Sputnik

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:29 PM

Here's the result of all the futzing around I did to get a zero-power finder mounted on my binoculars. The finder is a Celestron StarPointer Pro. I've submitted a user review to CN.

Attached Thumbnails

• APM 100s with Celestron StarPointer Pro.jpg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics