•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Case for Nexstar11GPS

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 March 2004 - 11:14 AM

I was wondering, for those that have a case for their 11GPS, what kind do you have? Has anyone made their own?

#2 StarWars

StarWars

Mr. Postmaster Man

Posted 02 March 2004 - 01:37 PM

I was wondering, for those that have a case for their 11GPS, what kind do you have? Has anyone made their own?

A little pricey...but nice.

http://www.adorama.c...o=jmi&item_no=8

#3 JEM

JEM

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 02 March 2004 - 04:48 PM

JEFF i bought my scope second hand for £1600 and with it came with about £800 of extras including this foam case its home made but its excelant it comes in 2 halfs and it fits inside great all moulded around the scope & finder its made from 100mm / 50mm dense foam i,ll try and take some picturs and send them . JEM

#4 JEM

JEM

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 02 March 2004 - 05:21 PM

WELL MADE & SAFE [image]

Attached Thumbnails

• 64407-Picture 004.jpg

#5 JEM

JEM

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 02 March 2004 - 05:30 PM

TRY THIS 1 THE RIGHT WAY ROUND

Attached Thumbnails

• 64415-Picture 002.jpg

#6 Rusty

Rusty

ISS

• In Memoriam

Posted 03 March 2004 - 12:50 AM

I have the JMI case - it's passable, but it could have been MUCH better. I found the foam needed considerable surgery; I have a Losmandy CW bar, and had to cut the case for that. I also have a Losmandy dovetail for the top of the scope, and had to do surgery for that.

Most irritating is that the foam for the unadorned scope STILL needs surgery; the molded shell for the NS 11 GPS snagged on the uncircumsized JMI foam, and it was bent. I've since undercut it as well....

And the hinge is stiff, even though I lubed it.

I have an AP 2" back and a Particle Wave dessicant plug; I had to not only modify the case foam (yet again), but had to saw the tab off the PW plug, as it wouldn't otherwise fit into the case. The major problem (IMHO) is, notwithstanding JMI's stupidity, that this case is alleged to be for the NS8 and NS11 OTA/Fork Mounts.

Overall, had I had it to do over, I'd have passed on the JMI and built my own.

As it's currently configured, foam-wise, it's a POS. With some serious surgery, it's passable. What's inexcusable is that it wasn't configured with the alterations already executed. It appears that it never occurred to JMI that, maybe, somebody would adorn his/her NS11 with a few extras.

But, then, I'm adapting to Universal Corporate Stupidity, as it's so prevalent...just carried to new extremes by the Boeotians at JMI...

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics