•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

A Down-Home Farm Observatory

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 asaint

asaint

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:07 AM

A Down-Home Farm Observatory

#2 Mike Moffatt

Mike Moffatt

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 18 December 2005 - 10:07 AM

John,

Perfect sir, absolutely perfect.

Words can't express how elegant the simplicity and functionality of design but suitability for purpose compliment the simple, calm, awe struct way that I observe. I am indeed envious of your set up and it will be filed away for future implementation in some manner once the proper piece of retirement property is aquired.

I especially like the room for just the observing area provided by your design. Lots of room for scope/accessory storage in the "warming" shed after the scope rolls out.

The integrated tables on the doors are a stroke of genious. I would have done something silly like set up folding tables. :foreheadslap: Do they fold down flat when the doors are closed?

Again sir, fine fine job.

#3 darkskyfarm

darkskyfarm

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 18 December 2005 - 05:29 PM

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the communication;

The table on the left door opens for chart storage and is removable if wanted, the one on the right is solid and integral to the door to hold my ep box without incident. The doors close with them in place.
Yes, the shed is a warm-up room for those extra cold nights. I have a propane tent heater in it to take the chill off the hands and feet for prolonged sessions.

John

#4 Gandalf

Gandalf

Messenger

• -----

Posted 18 December 2005 - 06:36 PM

John,

A very decorative and elegantly simple solution, and a most attractive tradtional style building to boot.

Well done, Sir!

Stuart

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics