•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Anyone looking for a 5" Mak-Newt?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ricky

Ricky

Gemini

• topic starter

Posted 02 March 2004 - 06:11 PM

Check this out!
http://www.iteastron...ex.php?tid=MN56

I bought mine in Nov. or so for $200 more! :bawling:

Ricky

#2 Digital Don

Digital Don

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 02 March 2004 - 06:44 PM

Here's an interesting tid-bit from the same ad:

INTES MK67 6" f/12 Maksutov-Cassegrain OTA $1,700.00 / $60.00 S&H regularly $995.00 :question:

Gee, I guess I'll wait until the sale's OVER!

Don

#3 litespeed

litespeed

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 02 March 2004 - 07:29 PM

Here's an interesting tid-bit from the same ad:

INTES MK67 6" f/12 Maksutov-Cassegrain OTA $1,700.00 / $60.00 S&H regularly $995.00 :question:

Gee, I guess I'll wait until the sale's OVER!

Don

What about the SAC 8 for $750.00 regularly $539.00????

LOL....... :roflmao: :lol: :roflmao: :lol:

AJ

#4 Ricky

Ricky

Gemini

• topic starter

Posted 02 March 2004 - 08:30 PM

I hadnt noticed till you guys pointed it out. I sent Mike Palermiti a courtesy email to inform him of the mistakes on the sales page. I went to the store and Mike called me and left a message that he would call back! I just called him and left a message. Too funny...

Best regards,
Ricky

#5 litespeed

litespeed

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 02 March 2004 - 08:58 PM

I hadnt noticed till you guys pointed it out. I sent Mike Palermiti a courtesy email to inform him of the mistakes on the sales page. I went to the store and Mike called me and left a message that he would call back! I just called him and left a message. Too funny...

Best regards,
Ricky

I e-mailed them about this and got this reply:

AJ,

Please read the specials carefully. The 6" F/12 is offered with a camera that sells for $825. Quite a good deal for that package.

The Sacv8 sell with an 8" F/5 OTA complete, another good deal.

Thanks for your concern,

Mike Palermiti

AJ

#6 Ricky

Ricky

Gemini

• topic starter

Posted 02 March 2004 - 10:28 PM

Hi All,
I just got off the phone w/Mike Palermiti, first of all, what a nice man!!! He echoed to me what he emailed to AJ. And actually, he referred to your email AJ and a couple of others. Anyways, I told Mike that the page was setup incorrectly and that it "appeared" that the prices were incorrect. He sees and understands the confusion and will attempt to correct it with his webmaster. He is also going to place ads on Astromart. This is where the "nice man" comes in, when I bought my MN56 back in Nov. ,or there abouts, it cost me $865 w/shipping. In my email to him I jokingly said that I shoulda waited till now to get the scope...$200 savings. Well, needless to say Mike felt bad and said he would send me a brand new Intes 2.4x barlow. Actually, both he and his wife Betty (?) felt bad about it but they had no idea that they would have a surplus of MN56 otas. In the end, I offered my services to him as his new webmaster if he wanted... :)

Best regards,
Ricky

#7 Ricky

Ricky

Gemini

• topic starter

Posted 02 March 2004 - 10:53 PM

OMG!!! I just got the tracking for my MN 2.4x barlow!!!! This just makes my week!

Best Regards,
Ricky

#8 Gary BEAL

Gary BEAL

Surveyor 1

Posted 03 March 2004 - 03:06 AM

Let me echo Rickys experiences with both Mike and Betsy. I have to say that they are the easiest to deal with I have found in a long time. In fact they are so easy that it is costing me a fortune, as I seem to find a reason to change or upgrade. It is good to see a smaller company dealing at a personal level with the astro fraternity.
They are not alone, but they are the minority just the same. Given the service I have had from them recently I wouldn't deal anywhere else.
Kind regards,
Gary

#9 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 03 March 2004 - 12:19 PM

Ricky,

Thanks for the heads up! I just talked to Mike and my MN56 will be on the way tomorrow! He is really a great guy. He didn't try to sell me anything I didn't need.

Now I need to find a mount.

Dave

#10 Ricky

Ricky

Gemini

• topic starter

Posted 03 March 2004 - 12:38 PM

GM-8 all the way!!!! :whistle:

Best regards,
Ricky

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics