•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestron C5 Registry

• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

#376 jragsdale

jragsdale

Viking 1

• Loc: Idaho

Posted 14 September 2021 - 04:14 PM

Also, IIRC recently someone (in another thread?) mentioned one of those rear glass elements and it was said to be a type of filter. 

Any keywords I should look for? I'm not seeing it anywhere. You can see it mounted on the back of the scope here before the visual back. Doesn't appear to be any color and no markings/writing on it anywhere.

Attached Thumbnails

• post-254244-0-51196100-1631592423.jpg

#377 Kasmos

Kasmos

Skylab

• Loc: So Cal

Posted 14 September 2021 - 07:48 PM

Any keywords I should look for? I'm not seeing it anywhere. You can see it mounted on the back of the scope here before the visual back. Doesn't appear to be any color and no markings/writing on it anywhere.

Found it. 

SCT Rear Port Skylight Filter/Dust Seal

Since it's a couple of years old there must have been a recent link to this topic. 

In post #7 Robert put a link to a 1998 Celestron catalog and they featured it on page 17

https://www.cloudyni...seal/?p=9213488

• mdowns likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics