Today was a long day, but the heavy lifting is done. I went out Friday after work and got a few hours' in before dark. I got the sheet rock trimmed away from the sole plate to make room for my new floor. Then I installed the furring strips I cut last week. Early to bed.
I was up and at it by 6:30 Saturday. first step was to break into several boxes of my flooring and start sorting for length and color (actually, just two colors: "blonde" and "not-blonde"). That took a surprisingly long time.
First mishap: I had planned to glue the floor boards together at their ends and then push them together, leaving the floor floating. However, I wasn't able to keep the boards together. Off to the hardware store for a nail gun. I was back to work after a bit more than an hour. But...
Second mishap: I bought nails which were too short. I tried to make them work, but no luck. Back to the hardware store. I tried getting a larger nail gun, but they didn't have the nails I needed for it. I got longer nails for the nail gun I had (for all of two hours...) and got back to work. Another hour gone.
The first couple of courses were problematic, but I got them in. Installation went a bit faster after that. Not as fast as I thought it would, though. Lots of time spent bringing materials in; I couldn't bring too much in at a time or I didn't have room to work. Lots of time spent finding the right length board then cutting it exactly right. Anyway, not a bad day:
From the doorway:
While peeking over the west wall:
Not the glamour shots, everything cleaned and polished, yet. I have some more mess to make before I spend time doing thorough cleaning.
Edited by macdonjh, 13 March 2021 - 11:40 PM.