How are the tests on the new board coming? Is it ready? If I missed the announcement, sorry... been distracted.
Nope, you didnt miss anything.
Im almost out of time latest months, coz Im trying to finish my observatory project, before snowings.
Ive tested latest board a lot, well, it woks a way better than first round board. WO sensor it gives almost perfect results but when CCD is plugged, I dont like the way second DC\DC controller works on a load. So with a help of forum member, Ive made some changes:
1. The major one is that I managed to put sensor right in the middle of the board. It can greatly reduce the cost and complicity of manufacturing the case.
2. The main power source was replaced from DC\DC TPS54331D to LDO LP3878-ADJ which has ultra low noise
3. LP2985 were replaced with LP3985
4. ADP3336 is back for feeding H driver
5. couple LDOs were removed
6. Now I thinking to replace one of LP2985/LP3985 that feeds analog part of ADC with ultra low noise LDO: ADP3367(150 mV @ 200 mA, 9 µV rms)
7. As a result of complex rerouting ADC gets power almost from the input WO traveling through all around the board and crossing a lots a digital parts.
8. Board is completed on 95%. Will be ordered on next week.
All, what a great project. It looks very much like a work in progress with no working units yet, correct?
What is the current total cost estimate for the parts? I realize you pooled to get the price down but I didn't read through 20 pages of posts because it seems like a lot of that is not relevent to the current status of the project.
Also, is all the information about this project captured exclusively here on this thread (with references to http://astroccd.org/)? Or is there some other document with a FAQ, "the latest" summary and step by step process online somewhere?
Estimated cost ( wo sensors, board and case) still ± the same. Around $80-$100.
There is no more detailed information about Cam84 than here. All the summaries and step by steps are located on the first post. They are relevant for both the very first version and for the latest the do not exists yet.