•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New EQT-150SC Equatorial Platform

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#51 G Blandin

G Blandin

Vendor (equatorial platforms)

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: California

Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:01 AM

Would be happy to help.

Gregg

#52 Starman789

Starman789

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 19 October 2019 - 12:38 PM

I have had the EQT-150SC for about six months, and am totally pleased with it - it has changed my viewing experience.  Besides being beautiful to look at, it is quick and easy to set up and use.  I keep the rocker box of my 10" Dobson (Orion) attached to the top assembly, place the base down aligned north, level the base, drop on the rest, and am ready to go in seconds. 

When well aligned and leveled, the platform keeps objects perfectly in view - a new experience for someone who constantly nudged their dobson for almost two decades.  Now when I hold star parties on the street, or as part of our local astro groups, I can stand back and talk about stars and the night sky, while the crowds line up for a view.

The minimalist but strong and robust design is a pleasure to look at, and easy the use.  The only 'modification' I need to do, is set a timer to re-set the platform when the approx. 65 minutes have passed (I am at 45N).  Frequently I am fully immersed in astronomy conversations and neglect to do the re-set; setting a timer would solve that little issue.

Gregg was friendly and helpful the whole way, and ensured that everything arrived and was easy to set up.  Start to finish, it was a very smooth experience.

Cheers,

Bill

(Ontario, Canada)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics