•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Tasco 851TR

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 McFortner

McFortner

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 29 December 2005 - 01:51 PM

I don't know if this is a classic or not, but I think it is. I had gotten this scope with an eq mount earlier this year. I wanted the mount for my other Tasco, the 3" reflector I rebuilt as Dr. Lazarus. My son saw the OTA when it arrived and asked me if he could have it. I said yes and have been looking for the hardware and Az-Al mount for it for him for the last few months. I finally got one from Glassthrower that came off of an old 60mm Meade. Just what I needed. I got the drill out and mounted the hardware and put the OTA on the tripod. My son loves it. Of course, now I wish I had a red telescope.... ;) :lol:

Not too bad of an objective on it. I definately need to get a .965" to 1.25" diagonal adapter so I - oops! - my son can use better eyepieces on it. But right now he is just thrilled to have a long tube refractor like his dad. And at a fl of 900mm and f/15, it won't need the worlds best (or most expensive) eyepieces either. I think some Plossls I have kicking around will do quite well.

Now I need another project to tinker with.... :help:

Only 91% insane today. Now if they would only call back about that job interview I had.... :smirk:

Michael

Sorry about the so-so picture. My digital camera barely gets by some days. *sigh* Yet another thing I want to spend money on....

Attached Thumbnails

• 751414-DWs Tasco.jpg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics