I had discovered this nebuae since 4 years with my FSQ106 and a SBIG STL6303 and 4 years after with my new biggest toy I will try again this mystery nebuae witch is always non resolved by researchers.
Takes patience to get out of such a thing, I think it is above all this which pays!
42 hours with 3 nm OIII filters, RGB and H-alpha 5nm all in 1x1 binning to F3,8.
The Newton with its SkyVision mirror made its job perfectly.
I wanted this more natural final image possible with a tendency to dominate the OIII layer with 107x10 minutes F3,8.
I assembled side processing for luminance the OIII and H-alpha with the script of Laurent Bourgon (Pixinsight Scripts). And always with the same script I assembled my color with:
- Red = H-alpha
- Green = OIII
- Blue = OIII
I then added the RGB channel to compose the color of the stars and part of the sky background in Photoshop with a layer to "color" mode over the other.
The system works well and should serve me for future compositions Ha / OIII / OIII / RGB.
The result is quite attractive I must say.
With theprocess we quickly is "eaten" by the H-alpha and the difficulty was to find a balance with the OIII layer that was out but without artificial. I let you judge, I hope I have my challenge
Technical data :
Common name: The Squid nebulae
Date: 11-07-2015 to 7-08-2015 images
Optics: Newton SV400 F3,8
Mount Paramount ME Number 1
Location: Orange observatory
Seeing: FWHM of 1.88 to 3.57
CCD: Moravian G4
filter wheel: Moravian
Ha OIII3nm RGB +
Guiding: Atik 314L +
Temp. out: T ° 11-28
Ccd Temp: -25 ° to -20 °
Total exposure: 42h00
while 1x1 binning
Ha 138 x 10 minutes
OIII 107 x 10 minutes
RGB 13 x 1 'x 3
PixInsight and Photoshop
Situation of OU4 :
Zoomify of OU4 and link for webpage : http://www.outters.f....-Moravian.html
Single calibrated OIII frame : http://www.outters.f.../Ou4-OIII-1.jpg