•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Free To A Good Home -The Giveaway Thread-

• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

#426 shredder1656

shredder1656

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:48 AM

Free to a needy 60mm Unitron.

pm'd :)

• Starliner likes this

#427 CharlieB

CharlieB

Gemini

• Loc: Southern NH

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:12 PM

Unitron cap is spoken for.

#428 rolo

rolo

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: GA

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:42 AM

I beleive this is a very nice Edmund old school 6x30mm finder. Solid aluminum with ring slots and threaded eyepiece screw hole. Takes 1.25" eyepiece not included. Very nice views.

PM me if you need it.

Found a new homesmile.gif 

Attached Thumbnails

• finder.JPG

Edited by rolo, 19 November 2017 - 11:58 AM.

• Bomber Bob, Augustus and jcruse64 like this

#429 rolo

rolo

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: GA

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:45 AM

Microscope to 1.25" eyepiece adapter and various microscope size eyepiece. Adapter has flush set screw

PM me if you want them.

Spoken for...

Attached Thumbnails

• eyepieces.JPG

Edited by rolo, 19 November 2017 - 12:09 PM.

• terraclarke, Bomber Bob and Augustus like this

#430 CharlieB

CharlieB

Gemini

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:05 PM

Free for pickup only. A 10" f/4.5 reflector with rings (no dovetail).  The mirror & diagonal could use a fresh aluminizing, but it works OK as is.  Has a Crayford style focuser of unknown origin.  The mirror is a Meade, possibly from a Starfinder.  Tube is solid aluminum.  I don't have a suitable mount any longer and it's just too big for my taste.  I was told that John Crilly used this scope for astrophotography some years back.  It was free to me, so I'm passing it on.  I live in southwestern NH.

Charlie

• Mr Magoo, Deven Matlick, DreamWeaver and 10 others like this

#431 Garyth64

Garyth64

Surveyor 1

• Loc: SE Michigan

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:14 PM

Free for pickup only. A 10" f/4.5 reflector with rings (no dovetail).  The mirror & diagonal could use a fresh aluminizing, but it works OK as is.  Has a Crayford style focuser of unknown origin.  The mirror is a Meade, possibly from a Starfinder.  Tube is solid aluminum.  I don't have a suitable mount any longer and it's just too big for my taste.  I was told that John Crilly used this scope for astrophotography some years back.  It was free to me, so I'm passing it on.  I live in southwestern NH.

Charlie

This is actually quite awesome.

#432 Russell Smith

Russell Smith

Lift Off

• Loc: 76707

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:54 PM

That is a very generous offer. applause.gif 

#433 CharlieB

CharlieB

Gemini

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:22 AM

Charlie

Gone.

• tim53, TSSClay and Augustus like this

#434 Matty S

Matty S

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Hillsboro, Nh

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:51 PM

Charlie

Gone.

This is such a cool bit of kit. Thanks again, Charlie! I'm hatching plans to get her cleaned up and back under the stars where she belongs - just a little polish, no paint, love that metallic retro look.

p.s. love to get a look at that collection of yours, classic scopes are really neat.

• Augustus likes this

#435 Littlegreenman

Littlegreenman

Skylab

• Loc: Southern California

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:48 PM

Piggy back camera mount for SCT

Should fit 8"

The mounting holes are off. See the first pic.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1570.JPG
  • IMG_1571.jpg

• Augustus likes this

#436 deSitter

deSitter

Still in Old School

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:21 PM

edit: taken

I have a Japanese Meade 8x50 straight through finder in white that I dropped.  One of the crosshair wires is derpy but the glass and everything else is good.  If one of you guys likes finders with derpy wires, or would like to fix the wire, you can have it for the price of shipping.

Aw man that hurts! This is my best fixed finder, Japan and a perfect non-astigmatic objective.

That will make someone happy.

-drl

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics