Thank you, Chuck. I love this thread and have already benefited from it, and will be paying those benefits forward. Your rules in the opening post are clear, and should help to keep this thread from get overloaded with minutiae on individual items. As a reminder to all, the rules are listed again here. I would like to suggest that, when following rule 3, the original posting of the item be edited to show that it is no longer available if that becomes the case during the interval in which posts may be edited. That should further streamline this thread and reduce the chances of a donor being contacted after an item has been claimed.
A few simple rules:
1. List only items that are free to a good home and directly related to the restoration or repair of a classic telescope or other classic astronomy-related device, or reference materials that apply to same. No compensation may be asked for, other than reasonable shipping charges. Shipping charges may be waived by the giver, at their discretion. Local pickup is encouraged where possible.
2. Please do not accept someone's generosity if your intention is to flip the item for profit. This is the honor system, please use it honorably.
3. If you have multiple items, please list them in the same post whenever possible. Once given away, please post in the thread that the item is no longer available. Do not delete the item listing, this will provide a history. Don't "bump" your post too often.
4. All communication between giver and receiver should take place via the PM system.
5. Cloudy Nights assumes no responsibility for any aspect of any giveaway items listed in this thread.
Edited by jtsenghas, 24 May 2016 - 12:59 PM.