•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Free To A Good Home -The Giveaway Thread-

• Please log in to reply
802 replies to this topic

#801 tikidollracer

tikidollracer

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 17 February 2020 - 11:41 AM

i have an older meade 8 inch Schmidt-Cassegrains telescope and tripod to give away.   great setup for someone starting out.    everything works, clean, has case and manual.  tripod alone is worth picking this up.   we are remodeling and no longer use it, and no-one we know wants it.    it either goes to a new home or the landfill.   please don't make me put it in the landfill.    located in south bay area, california.   thanks, 

-SM-

updating this post.   thanks for the interest.   so far no-one has been able to pick it up locally.    several have asked about shipping.   i can ship it, but it is big and heavy.   weighs about 50 lb., 2 ft x 2 ft x 4 ft.    it will cost several hundred with typical ground rates.   if you can find someone with a truck that does partial loads, like with furniture delivery, that may be the best option.  p.m. for more info.

-SM-

• JoeVanGeaux likes this

#802 Rich3756

Rich3756

Vostok 1

Posted 17 February 2020 - 03:25 PM

Hello,

I might be interested in your Meade SCT. Where are you located ?

Thanks

Rich

Santa Cruz, CA

• JoeVanGeaux likes this

#803 mark77

mark77

Messenger

• Loc: PA

Posted Today, 09:48 AM

I have an Edmund/Jaegers ‘L’- twin bore counterweight that is currently for sale in the classifieds but it’s free to any Classics folks who have either an Edmund or Jaegers 1” shaft GEM, or is in the process of restoring one and will use it. The I” bore holes are at right angles; the top bore goes clear thru the cw, the side bore goes to center bore. These counterweights are very hard to find and were used to mount an additional counterweight at a right angle to the dec axis, in line with OTA axis in order to balance longer optical tubes that are heavier at one end. Of course, it can also be used as a single counterweight on a 1” dec shaft. It comes with the original set screws, is textured and flat black in color, and isn’t rusted. Just send me your request via PM along with a picture of your Jaegers or Edmund mount. It’s yours for the cost of postage (USPS flat rate CONUS only).

Terra

I received the weight just fine, THANK YOU.

Mark

• Terra Nova likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics