•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Free To A Good Home -The Giveaway Thread-

• Please log in to reply
838 replies to this topic

#826 CaptKirk

CaptKirk

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: New Jersey

Posted 07 March 2020 - 11:10 PM

Admission.

I'm not really sure what I've got here.  It looks to be a bracket for an eyepiece projection screen.  And from the color of the paint maybe Edmund?  I had an old Edmund reflector that I gave away 5 or 6 years ago and this could have been part of that.  Forgotten and neglected like Buzz Lightyear all this time.  Feel free to enlighten me oh Obi Wan.

In any case. 

If you recognize it and need it to trick out your classic whatever, shoot me a PM and it will be yours for the posta

I have one for my Edmund reflector but it's black. It's to attach an arm and camera bracket. Also for supporting a white plate for projecting an image of the sun.

#827 mountman

mountman

Explorer 1

• Loc: Santa Barbara, CA area

Posted 08 March 2020 - 08:53 AM

Both the bracket and the focuser 2" ring are spoken for.

Thanks all!

#828 AdAstraPerAspera

AdAstraPerAspera

Vostok 1

• Loc: Kansas

Posted 08 March 2020 - 10:15 AM

Hey to whoever is getting that 2" ring - if it doesn't fit your kit and you're willing to let me try it, give me a shout! Thanks! 

#829 mountman

mountman

Explorer 1

Posted 08 March 2020 - 01:05 PM

I have a "Polaris" 12x40 finder for anyone who needs it to finish up that classic restoration project.  This is made by Nihon Seiko (marked N.S.) and is very similar to the finders supplied for Unitron/Polarex and others of various brandings.  It is in need of some serious TLC.  The glass on both ends needs to be cleaned both inside and out and the tube is what you see in the pictures.  That being said, this appears to be a complete and all original unit.  The rings look like they will fit a tube diameter +or- 4".  The scope - at infinity focus - is about 15.25" long.  It has some weight for a finder and, due to the length, may end up in a somewhat oversized box.  But, if you are willing to pay actual shipping costs and (maybe) the cost of a box if I have to buy one, it can be yours.  My preference is that it go to someone with a scope or project that it will be a match for.

Thanks,

Attached Thumbnails

• 04.jpg
  • 06.jpg
  • 07.jpg
  • 03.jpg
  • 05.jpg
  • 02.jpg
  • 01.jpg

• John Rogers, Terra Nova, Kasmos and 1 other like this

#830 mountman

mountman

Explorer 1

Posted 08 March 2020 - 01:08 PM

I have a "Polaris" 12x40 finder for anyone who needs it to finish up that classic restoration project.  This is made by Nihon Seiko (marked N.S.) and is very similar to the finders supplied for Unitron/Polarex and others of various brandings.  It is in need of some serious TLC.  The glass on both ends needs to be cleaned both inside and out and the tube is what you see in the pictures.  That being said, this appears to be a complete and all original unit.  The rings look like they will fit a tube diameter +or- 4".  The scope - at infinity focus - is about 15.25" long.  It has some weight for a finder and, due to the length, may end up in a somewhat oversized box.  But, if you are willing to pay actual shipping costs and (maybe) the cost of a box if I have to buy one, it can be yours.  My preference is that it go to someone with a scope or project that it will be a match for.

Thanks,

From another CN'er.

"Polaris was the name of a telescope shop in Dearborn Michigan. He was a Unitron dealer and had a bunch of stuff with the Polaris label. This may have come from there."

• John Rogers likes this

#831 mountman

mountman

Explorer 1

Posted 08 March 2020 - 01:38 PM

The Polaris finder is spoken for.

Thanks,

k

#832 Terra Nova

Terra Nova

ISS

• Loc: America’s Heartland

Posted 08 March 2020 - 10:04 PM

Wasn’t there a guy with a store up in Michigan years ago, maybe the UP?, and he sold Nihon-Sieko (think Unitron) scopes that were labeled ‘Polaris’?

• TOM KIEHL likes this

#833 John Rogers

John Rogers

Viking 1

Posted 09 March 2020 - 08:27 PM

Thank you Kurt (mountman) for the wonderful ANRA telescope.  Given its reputation and your testimonial, I full expect it to be my portable planet-killer at out local star parties!  I did some research on ANRA and consider myself very fortunate to have been awake at the right time to read your generous post.

Thanks again!

• tim53, clamchip and Chuck Hards like this

#834 apfever

apfever

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Colorado

Posted 17 March 2020 - 02:11 PM

Foucault and DPAC tester.  

Local Pickup Only in Denver area.  I already have offers to ship.

I highly prefer a local pickup as stated in post, but will ship this out in a day or two if no local set ups.

Go to the following link about the items. The testers start in the second entry.

link to testers

#835 paul

paul

Viking 1

• Loc: pa

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:12 PM

Hello All,

I have a 60's Edmund 4 1/4 space conqueror on the equatorial mount.

it's up for grabs. I live in south central Pa.

pics to follow.

Thanks Paul

• JoeVanGeaux, Terra Nova, 1939Dodge and 1 other like this

#836 Starsareus

Starsareus

Vostok 1

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:39 AM

Not exactly sure if this is a perfect spot, but wanted to thank publicly Larry Faltz & the Westchester Amateur Astronomers for their generosity . I have been finding (kids mostly) others who either have no available funds in their family for scopes (city kids) or no personal contacts to discuss "getting a telescope."  I find it harder to get parts needed to assemble decent/age appropriate scopes. Even older kids may need something, like a drive corrector when they need to leave the city for darker sky.   Nice to have people like Larry & Clubs like Westchester out there .  Now, however, sheltering in place is an issue.  

I do it when the need arrises, been there myself.   

• Terra Nova likes this

#837 apfever

apfever

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 01 April 2020 - 02:12 PM

Foucault and DPAC tester.  

Local Pickup Only in Denver area.  I already have offers to ship.

I highly prefer a local pickup as stated in post, but will ship this out in a day or two if no local set ups.

Go to the following link about the items. The testers start in the second entry.

link to testers

Well, I forgot about another one but it is now on it's way.  This went by the wayside while I waited a few days for a possible local pickup.  Anybody that has something going on with me needs to stay in contact a couple of times a week or whenever some time frame has been passed.  Individual focused string entries can be normal but larger scale diversified projects are encroaching on impractical at the moment. The high/lows went all time low lately with ensuing consequences. The F&F help has poured back in and I'm somewhat monitored now. Thinning is getting close to (but not quite) taking on a necessity in addition to desire so I'm going to keep going. 

#838 apfever

apfever

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 01 April 2020 - 02:36 PM

There has been recent discussion about missing tripod/mount hubs lately. I'm offering up this slightly modified but very functional Vixen Super Polaris hub. The top has be flattened which removed the stub for the fine tune azimuth adjustment. It is still perfectly functional for everything including azimuth movement.  This for the SUPER Polaris, not the regular Polaris. The finish is the Celestron version mottled grey. It has some marks but all in all it's in very decent cosmetic shape. 

BE Honest. I want to give this a few days to get to a person that needs it for their personal scope they want to use or gift to someone. After that I don't care if it goes to a vendor that HAS a scope it can complete for them to sell. As long as it get used. Please don't take it just for your parts inventory and it's not worth flipping for the cost of shipping. 

Please send a zip for cost of shipping. USA only. 

Attached Thumbnails

• P1010003.JPG
  • P1010004.JPG
  • P1010005.JPG

Edited by apfever, 01 April 2020 - 05:07 PM.

• Terra Nova, Bomber Bob and Allanbarth1 like this

#839 PawPaw

PawPaw

Mariner 2

• Loc: West Central Missouri

Posted 01 April 2020 - 02:52 PM

Well, I forgot about another one but it is now on it's way.  This went by the wayside while I waited a few days for a possible local pickup.  Anybody that has something going on with me needs to stay in contact a couple of times a week or whenever some time frame has been passed.  Individual focused string entries can be normal but larger scale diversified projects are encroaching on impractical at the moment. The high/lows went all time low lately with ensuing consequences. The F&F help has poured back in and I'm somewhat monitored now. Thinning is getting close to (but not quite) taking on a necessity in addition to desire so I'm going to keep going. 

Neil,

PM sent........All the best.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics