•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Free To A Good Home -The Giveaway Thread-

• Please log in to reply
1231 replies to this topic

#1226 mdowns

mdowns

Soyuz

• Moderators
  • Loc: SW,FL

Posted 09 October 2021 - 10:31 PM

They are yours sir!

#1227 reverse_syzygy

reverse_syzygy

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Posted 10 October 2021 - 12:16 AM

Screw received! Thanks!

This will make a 7TE-5 OTA complete, collimatable, and thus suitable to give away to a student.

Chip W. 

Similarly, thank you, strdst. (as PMed)

The missing screw was a locking (?) screw.   I've no clue if it was necessary, but gave me peace of mind.

Here, I'm the student, just using the 7te-5 as an neighborly "outreach" type thing.

#1228 Bomber Bob

Bomber Bob

ISS

• Loc: The Swamp, LA (Lower Alabama)

Posted 10 October 2021 - 04:34 PM

With all the plastic, mine is light enough to make a good Guide Scope for traditional use -- diagonal + reticle eyepiece.  One of Bill's .965" Meade MA 40mm units (at Telescope Warehouse) would give 20x; and, the scope does OK enough at low power.

FYI:  I found a use for the near-mint AZ Mount & Wood Tripod...  the goofy tube clamp on my 1950s ATLAS 60x800 is a perfect fit, so now this (Cranberry) Oddball is on display -- will post some pix later...

Okay... Free to a Good Home:  Carton 60B (60x800) OTA - ONLY

No Box, No Manual, No Finder, No Kidding!   PM if interested.

• jim kuhns and mdowns like this

#1229 Bomber Bob

Bomber Bob

ISS

• Loc: The Swamp, LA (Lower Alabama)

Posted 12 October 2021 - 08:38 PM

Carton 60B is gone!

• jim kuhns, mdowns and Allanbarth1 like this

#1230 Augustus

Augustus

Vendor

• Vendors
  • Loc: Stamford, Connecticut

Posted 16 October 2021 - 07:04 PM

Lil Bigfoot mount, needs a tripod or pier or something though. I also have rings and a small counterweight for it.

IMG_2781.jpeg

• jim kuhns, mdowns, Terra Nova and 2 others like this

#1231 Augustus

Augustus

Vendor

• Vendors

Posted 18 October 2021 - 01:01 PM

Bigfoot mount has likely found a home.

I was offered this thing for free under the auspices of it being a complete telescope. After driving an hour I was greeted by a completely empty ~15.25" OD x 104" long fiberglass tube and it was insisted upon by a bunch of rather intimidating folks that I take it. This is for a 14.25" f/7 I'm guessing. It is in good shape, but obviously needs to be picked up locally here in CT with a BIG vehicle - prepare to have your front seats down even with a minivan or pop the trunk open. There's a 14.25" f/7 mirror on Astromart with a cell that'd fit this or you could chop it down - I'm too busy to try that. It's a bit big for a 12.5" mirror but would work for that or a 13.1-14.25" scope. There are no cracks etc. though the paint is kind of ugly now.

IMG_2840.JPEG

I also have this collection of nonfunctional finders - a Towa/Meade 8x50 with dents and lots of dust and a bracket, a Meade 50mm with a nonrotating helical focuser that has no eyepiece end and is covered in Velcro, a Telrad that doesn't power on and had the reticle pop out, some unknown lens and another eyepiece for the Meade. These are all ready to go out in a medium flat rate Priority Mail box.

IMG_2775.JPEG

• jim kuhns, mdowns and Bomber Bob like this

#1232 Augustus

Augustus

Vendor

• Vendors

Posted 18 October 2021 - 02:02 PM

Finders found a home, that was quick

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics