•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Prism - new software

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#51 Hamzakt

Hamzakt

Prism v10 - Hyperion Astronomy

• Vendors
  • Loc: Phoenix, Arizona

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:48 PM

Thanks for stopping by at NEAF Jim, we had a blast talking to you and all the other amateurs.

Edited by Hamzakt, 26 April 2018 - 06:49 PM.

• rockethead26 likes this

#52 Ron in Michigan

Ron in Michigan

Ranger 4

• Loc: W. Michigan

Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:17 PM

I just got the trial, and so far it's jaw dropping. 

#53 Edward Nash

Edward Nash

Explorer 1

• Loc: SW Michigan

Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:22 PM

I did the trial and thought it was a great program except for one major flaw (my opinion)  The auto focus routine relies on offsets for filters.  I prefer to autofocus each filter individually rather than rely on offsets.  I wish it had the option.  I brought this issue up in their forum and they did not seem interested in addressing it.  So back to SGP for me.  Hopefully they will offer that option in the future. 

#54 Tonk

Tonk

Cosmos

• Loc: Leeds, UK, 54N

Posted 07 September 2018 - 04:37 AM

I prefer to autofocus each filter individually rather than rely on offsets.

Surely you have to auto focus each filter in the first place to find the offsets so this suggests you either have to know the offsets by some other means or the software can auto focus on each filter (but you haven't found how yet)? Just a wild thought

#55 rottielover

rottielover

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: St. Louis MO

Posted 07 September 2018 - 01:19 PM

How often are the forums looked at for questions?   I have a few outstanding posts over there but no responses yet.   My biggest issue at the moment is that on my Windows 8 laptop when I click the Minimize button on any window that window will disappear and there is no way to get it back.  If you use ALT+TAB you can actually see an outline of the windows that were minimized but they do not come back.   

Also for anyone who has used SGPro and switched to Prism, any advice/tips/tricks ?    So far in my evaluations I have to say that I really like Prism's focus much better than SGP's.  In fact I used Prism's tools to figure out that my images have been every so slightly out of focus now for a while, and it allowed me to refine focus settings in SGP.

I still am liking SGP's image capture (sequence) setup/UI layout.   I feel like it's much easier to setup my LRBG and narrow band settings in SGP than it is in Prism when I click on the Sequence button, but this could be a combination of me having to keep all windows open and active and just move them around (remember if I minimize I loose them), combined with my lack of knowledge of the software.

• Greg M and Hamzakt like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics