•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

FREE Printable Setting Circles

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#26 halx

halx

Vendor (DSO Planner)

• ****-
  • Vendors
  • Loc: Albany, California, USA

Posted 20 March 2019 - 10:56 AM

Thank you for these. I have a 12" Z12. I opted to mount the circle on the top plate since I didn't want to cut into my base at all. I saw others do it. I'm a newbie. So I didn't realize if mounted on top, the numbers need to be reversed. So, since I liked the design of these circles, I reversed the numbers for anyone else who is interested. I hope that by posting this, I'm not being un-cool in any way. The only one I did was for the 12" dob

That's a common confusion. Thus in DSO Planner Android app we have a special option to work with the reversed circles. Zero issues about that as the app is calibrating the Azimuth by the single star alignment and shows your "special azimuth" instead of the real one for convenience (thus no lead adjustment ever needed either).

Edited by halx, 20 March 2019 - 10:59 AM.

• Natdiamond likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics