•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Binoviewers Supercharging Service

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#126 Jeff B

Jeff B

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:45 AM

AG, in my experience the amount of SA introduced by the viewer itself is very much dependent on the focal ratio of the light cone from the scope.  In the case of the Cass's and refractors you have listed, your "fastest" scope is F8 and that should not be an issue.  Only when you get to F7 and faster, could it be an issue.  Now if you want to use a Baader or other prism diagonal as well, that's different and I would recommend a GPC for use with any scope faster than F9 or F10.  

You have to use GPC's and spacers with the viewer to reach focus with your Dob. 

Jeff

#127 dagadget

dagadget

Viking 1

• Loc: Avon Park, Florida

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:40 PM

I am going to purchase a TS Bino Viewer and have it Super charged. I am not certain if this will acheve focus in the AT 130EDT triplet or not. The Other modification I would have to get a different Diagonal for the Bini Viewers.  I need to find someone that has a TS Bino that has been surpercharged and how they have it configured with the Astro Tech AT 130EDT. I will send the necessary funds to Denis and he will take care of it for me. But I will be much happier if I find someone that has the TS actually working on an AT Refractor. A photo of the scope is attached. It is 130mm f/l 910 and has a very good rack and pinion focuser and the diagonal is an Astro Tech Dielectric. Astronomics recommended the Celestron Bino but I do not like the Screw holding the eyepieces I would rather have compression rings.  if anyone has a TS and uses it on their AT I would certainly like to see it and how it is configured. Anyway the purchase has been made now I will just wait for everything to get completed in Denis shop.

Thanks

David 

at130.jpg

Edited by dagadget, 15 June 2017 - 07:43 AM.

#128 dagadget

dagadget

Viking 1

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:13 PM

I am going to purchase a TS Bino Viewer and have it Super charged. I am not certain if this will acheve focus in the AT 130EDT triplet or not. The Other modification I would have to get a different Diagonal for the Bini Viewers.  I need to find someone that has a TS Bino that has been surpercharged and how they have it configured with the Astro Tech AT 130EDT. I will send the necessary funds to Denis and he will take care of it for me. But I will be much happier if I find someone that has the TS actually working on an AT Refractor. A photo of the scope is attached. It is 130mm f/l 910 and has a very good rack and pinion focuser and the diagonal is an Astro Tech Dielectric. Astronomics recommended the Celestron Bino but I do not like the Screw holding the eyepieces I would rather have compression rings.  if anyone has a TS and uses it on their AT I would certainly like to see it and how it is configured. Anyway the purchase has been made now I will just wait for everything to get completed in Denis shop.

Thanks

David 

attachicon.gifat130.jpg

Denis has my Bino Viewer and is going to start Supercharging them soon. I will posy how the results are and I am certain they will be perfect.  Read this forum and he has great success with this and I am looking forward to being another very satisfied customer.

Thanks

David

#129 dagadget

dagadget

Viking 1

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:28 AM

Denis has finished Supercharging the TS Bino Viewer and is waiting clear clean night to Collimate them. Once that is done then they will be shipped and when I get them will post a good first light review on them as soon as cloudy night curse is lifted here in Florida....

Thank you Denis

Clear skies

David

• Firochromis likes this

#130 Oscar56

Oscar56

Apollo

• Loc: Summerland, BC

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:31 PM

Denis:

have you supercharged Earthwin bino's?  If so what were the before and after clear aperatures?

#131 denis0007dl

denis0007dl

Binoviewers Expert

• Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Umag, Croatia, Europe

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:29 PM

Hi Oscar, its same as Denk I and II binos.

Upper prism, beamsplitter and correction glass are 26mm in diametrer.

Inside bino, Clear Aperture is limited to 24mm only.
After Supercharge you get full Clear Aperture of 26mm on each side of bino!

Kind regards and all best
CS
Denis

Edited by denis0007dl, 29 June 2017 - 05:31 PM.

#132 dagadget

dagadget

Viking 1

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:07 PM

Binoviewer.jpg

This is my TS Bino Viewer that I purchased and had Denis Supercharge. Everything about the bino was great and the package arrived in excellent shape. I already tried the eyepieces in it and the BINO holds them well. When it clears up and gets dark I am going to test them on two scopes. I now have the Nexstar 8 SE set up with the Bino viewer on the moon wow I love them and my son looked too and told me that I should have gotten these a long time ago :)

Nice work Denis

Clear Skies

David

Edited by dagadget, 05 July 2017 - 07:20 PM.

• denis0007dl likes this

#133 Procyon

Procyon

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Eastern Canada

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:54 PM

Same here Dennis, thanks for the servicing. Still waiting for a nice night, tonight perhaps. Looking forward to trying the Super Arcturus with 16mm Naglers in a CPC1100.

Anyone know what time mosquitos go to sleep?

Dennis if you had to recommend 3 ep focal lengths for my setup, 2900ml focal length, f10.5?. 32-24-16-13?

#134 denis0007dl

denis0007dl

Binoviewers Expert

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:15 AM

attachicon.gifBinoviewer.jpg

This is my TS Bino Viewer that I purchased and had Denis Supercharge. Everything about the bino was great and the package arrived in excellent shape. I already tried the eyepieces in it and the BINO holds them well. When it clears up and gets dark I am going to test them on two scopes. I now have the Nexstar 8 SE set up with the Bino viewer on the moon wow I love them and my son looked too and told me that I should have gotten these a long time ago smile.gif

Nice work Denis

Clear Skies

David

Thank you David,

enjoy in your binoviewer and in all we like here: observing with 2 eyes.

Denis, binoviewers expert

#135 denis0007dl

denis0007dl

Binoviewers Expert

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:21 AM

Same here Dennis, thanks for the servicing. Still waiting for a nice night, tonight perhaps. Looking forward to trying the Super Arcturus with 16mm Naglers in a CPC1100.

Anyone know what time mosquitos go to sleep?

Dennis if you had to recommend 3 ep focal lengths for my setup, 2900ml focal length, f10.5?. 32-24-16-13?

You are welcome Procyon.

I see you have Sterling Plossls 25mm-excellent bino pair, you dont need any other for low power.

I see you have as well Naglers T5 16mm-excellent medium power ep pair, with huge FOV.

For any higher power just add some quality barlow or any Powermate, and all is done!

• silv likes this

#136 lucky305

lucky305

Sputnik

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:58 PM

It was a pleasure dealing with Denis. Great communication and received the binos in a timely manner. I used the binos today and noticed the contrast was better. Overall a great experience and glad I sent them in to get supercharged.

Great job Denis.

• dagadget likes this

#137 K.K

K.K

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:38 AM

Denis supercharge my TS binoviewer. Vignetting was worrisome when use KITAKARU RPL25mm(62degrees) for f / 7.5, but it became less anxious after supercharge. He has done a great job. Thanks!

#138 denis0007dl

denis0007dl

Binoviewers Expert

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:42 AM

Thank you all for support, enjoy in your binoviewers!!!

#139 Disciplus55

Disciplus55

Messenger

• Loc: East of France

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:43 AM

Got my Zeiss supercharged binos this morning, looking forward to trying them out on a clear sky ! Denis made a very good packaging, they would have survived a trip from Earth to the Moon :-D ! I will sure write some words here after the first light, but the weather is really awful.

• denis0007dl likes this

#140 RAKing

RAKing

Cosmos

• Loc: West of the D.C. Nebula

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:31 PM

I also received my Zeiss binos this morning and they look great!  It only took seven days shipping from Eastern Europe to Virginia.

Of course, I now have to deal with the remnants of Hurricane Irma, so it might be a few days before I can try them out.  But I have no doubts that they will work as well as my old Mark Vs.

Thanks, Denis!  waytogo.gif 

Ron

• denis0007dl likes this

#141 clockman

clockman

Vostok 1

• Loc: Seattle area

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:05 PM

Hello Denis,

I just found out about the world of supercharging binos.  I am interested in your service and wondering if supercharging a pair of lowly Celestron binos would solve the main problem I have with collimation.  As you know it uses thumbscrews for EPs which can vary the centering  each time it is used.  I find that for large objects like the sun or moon, merging images are not a problem, but when I try higher magnification, shorter focal length matching EPs, I can never get the images merged.  Will your supercharging service solve that problem?  I hate to relegate this Celestron bino to only longer focal length EPs because of the image merging issue.  Thanks for any advice you can give me.  I'm a newbie to this hobby so I'm not too experienced or knowledgeable yet, but hoping to learn more from this fantastic forum site.

#142 denis0007dl

denis0007dl

Binoviewers Expert

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:06 PM

Hello Denis,

I just found out about the world of supercharging binos.  I am interested in your service and wondering if supercharging a pair of lowly Celestron binos would solve the main problem I have with collimation.  As you know it uses thumbscrews for EPs which can vary the centering  each time it is used.  I find that for large objects like the sun or moon, merging images are not a problem, but when I try higher magnification, shorter focal length matching EPs, I can never get the images merged.  Will your supercharging service solve that problem?  I hate to relegate this Celestron bino to only longer focal length EPs because of the image merging issue.  Thanks for any advice you can give me.  I'm a newbie to this hobby so I'm not too experienced or knowledgeable yet, but hoping to learn more from this fantastic forum site.

Hello clockman,

your bino is bit out of collimation, and thats common problem what you described. In process of Supercharge, I do free collimation, so no worries about that here.

#143 vkhastro1

vkhastro1

Apollo

• Loc: Vankleek Hill, Ontario, Canada

Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:53 AM

Hello Denis,

I have purchased several impressive Zeiss and Leica "supercharged" binoviewers from Denis.

Excellent service with amazing dialogue. 

He answered all my questions, concerns, etc.

Explained the nuances of the various binoviewers that he was selling allowing me to make an informed decision on which 

one(s) to purchase.

Fast tracked well packed shipping - about 10 business days to Canada.

I have compared his "supercharged" binoviewers to several other upper tier "brand" name binoviewers (all excellent quality in their own right) and his versions seemed better in squeezing out every photon of light providing some of the best linear, planetary and deepsky views ever (seeing conditions have a big part in this also).

Thanks again !

Gary

#144 denis0007dl

denis0007dl

Binoviewers Expert

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:54 AM

Custom made, high quality, INOX T2 bayonets after CNC machining, and ready to be painted...

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20171025_135044-1040x780.jpg
  • IMG_20171025_135058-1040x780.jpg

#145 denis0007dl

denis0007dl

Binoviewers Expert

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:15 AM

...and here they are after painting inner side...

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20171027_153511-1040x780.jpg

• leviathan likes this

#146 Jawaid I. Abbasi

Jawaid I. Abbasi

Gemini

• Moderators
  • Loc: LEVITTOWN, PA

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:11 AM

Thats Beautiful

• denis0007dl likes this

#147 Nicu Barbieru

Nicu Barbieru

Lift Off

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:34 AM

My Zeiss Bino supercharged by Denis just arrived. My Denkmeier Binotron 27 bino is looking stupid now compared with Zeiss bino.
Nothing wrong about other bino manufactures,but Denis Zeiss supercharged binos are from another league.
Think about UEFA League  vs Champions League and you got the point..
And yes,no need to ask.. I have ordered another Zeiss bino from Denis. Just to have one spare for posterity.

Thank you again, Denis!

Nicu Barbieru
Constanta - Romania

Edited by Nicu Barbieru, 15 November 2017 - 06:34 AM.

#148 denis0007dl

denis0007dl

Binoviewers Expert

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:16 PM

Thats Beautiful

Thank you Jawaid!

#149 denis0007dl

denis0007dl

Binoviewers Expert

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:17 PM

My Zeiss Bino supercharged by Denis just arrived. My Denkmeier Binotron 27 bino is looking stupid now compared with Zeiss bino.
Nothing wrong about other bino manufactures,but Denis Zeiss supercharged binos are from another league.
Think about UEFA League  vs Champions League and you got the point..
And yes,no need to ask.. I have ordered another Zeiss bino from Denis. Just to have one spare for posterity.

Thank you again, Denis!

Nicu Barbieru
Constanta - Romania

Hi Nicu,

glad to heard you got your Zeiss, and that you like it :) 

Yes, it noticable difference in Zeiss vs Binotron 27, especially in mechanic quality-glad that you confirmed that what I sayed you before getting Zeiss.

#150 denis0007dl

denis0007dl

Binoviewers Expert

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:46 PM

Hello to all my dear friends!

After hard time we had, and received hundreds positive, beautifull emails from really beautifull people of support worldwide, I decide to get back making/adapting Zeiss and Leica binoviewers, to make all you happy.

Thank you all for supporting!!!!!
  • Cyrano, suburbanskies, RogerLaureys and 4 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics