•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Cloudy Nights, Introduce yourself!

• Please log in to reply
4853 replies to this topic

#4851 CowTipton

CowTipton

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 24 September 2020 - 01:45 PM

Hi all,

Mike here, very much a newbie in the western Chicago burbs.

My only scope has been an old Tasco 9f (in poor condition) and currently am waiting for an AD8 Dob to be delivered (HPS says mid-late October.)

I've been a lurker on the boards for a few months and have become addicted to youtube videos explaining all the basics of amateur astronomy.

Learning from you all has been great and I hope you won't mind all the questions I'll surely be posting in the future.

Clear skies!

#4852 soch

soch

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: PDX

Posted 24 September 2020 - 07:11 PM

Just upgraded my small 3” to AD12. Waiting for cloudy skies to turn into starry skies in rainy NW.

Trying to find info on balancing.  Am I supposed to vary the balance knobs so that top side, with all the accessories and bottom side are equally balanced? That would mean the scope would remain horizontal if I keep the balancing know a loose.

Attached Thumbnails

• 0DCA9493-52E8-40EA-92FA-AB6847537636.jpeg
  • DEA434AB-AD1F-403F-9604-25E144875700.jpeg

• Black bird likes this

#4853 Pointsoflight

Pointsoflight

Lift Off

• -----

Posted Yesterday, 07:08 AM

Hi stargazers! I live in Ipswich, Queensland Australia. I enjoy reading your forums between scopin time Hope to add some southern hemisphere sky to the dialogue, keep up the great chitchat!

• Black bird likes this

#4854 Gop1ayoutside

Gop1ayoutside

Lift Off

• -----

Posted Yesterday, 07:23 PM

Hi everyone, checking in from Houston TX. I am a high school science teacher and ended up teaching an elective course that includes a bunch of astronomy and got interested in stargazing. Looking forward to learning more and passing what I can on to my students!

Edited by Gop1ayoutside, Yesterday, 07:32 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics