•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Uranus & Neptune - small bore challenge?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#51 stanislas-jean

stanislas-jean

Gemini

• -----

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:02 AM

I had a look on this forum and surprisingly saw your pictures performed with a 150mm sct, Evan

The clear pole is well highlighted a it is.

Congratulations.

Think to name all your images for showing them elsewhere (at the BAA section for reference by me).

Stanislas Jean

#52 Foc

Foc

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: South Canberra

Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:22 AM

Neptune 3 September  2019      C6 on EVO  using ASI 1224MC

I re-post this recent image here with some trepidation as the seeing was not good and perhaps my imaging a bit subpar for the task.  But I guess it may encourage others to put some small bore Neptune and Uranus pics up and breathe some life into this thread and this is one area where Northerners have the current advantage in location and should get some nice images..

Attached Thumbnails

• 2019-09-03-1356_3-L-Neptune_ZWO ASI224MC_Gain=408(off)_Exposure=94.png

• Jeffrey C., eros312, WarmWeatherGuy and 1 other like this

#53 rnyboy

rnyboy

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Rochester, NY (Bortle 7/8)

Posted 20 December 2020 - 11:56 AM

Ok, a bit goofy but I got both Neptune and Uranus with my 6SE at f/25 on a couple of night doing Mars (Mars is oriented correctly so both Neptune and Uranus are), nothing but a blue fuzzy ball for Uranus and a comet-like looking spread out smaller fuzzy ball for Neptune after stacking  (<-  don't laugh now).  Neptune was a verrrrry dim spot in the FOV during real-time video.  To be honest I was surprised I could even see it.   ...

Uranus on 11-4-2020...

m6yJ7eF.jpg

And an awful stacking of Neptune taken on 11-9-20...

qf4k5MU.jpg

Edited by rnyboy, 20 December 2020 - 12:09 PM.

• WarmWeatherGuy likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics