•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

CN Report: Meade DSI Pro

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 asaint

asaint

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:32 AM

Meade DSI Pro

#2 DCS

DCS

Soyuz

• -----

Posted 13 January 2006 - 08:30 AM

I have a DSI (not Pro) - IMHO I thought the "Envisage" software driving the camera was pretty easy to work and could even be fun - although it has bugs and easily gets confused, especially on longer exposures. But, overall a good product that does what it's advertised to do. I've been happy with it.

One of my beefs is the image processing software. For me it was confusing and frustrating. I've yet to figure it all out and the help is not that helpful. That program needs a comprehensive user interface overhaul. I found the best thing to do is save images in FITS and use Registax - which I understand.

Also - I wonder with the plunging prices of DSLR cameras is going to impact the Meade and Orion astro camera offerings.

A refurbed Canon Digital Rebel 300D can be had for close to $500 now, takes much better (IMO) and wider pictures on deep sky using raw mode, doubles as a great camera for the family, doesn't require a computer at the scope, and is lots of fun to use.

-Pete

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics